Boots after-Christmas sales - 75% off now over?

Options

Comments

• ccmummy
    ccmummy Posts: 126 Forumite
    Options
    IRRC, it was xmas day last year. Boot.com went off, when i calle they said its down, and they called engineers to fix it. My order did not go throught payment. Then all my online orders called by Barclays as they suspected. Therfore i did not get any bargain last xmas sales. I dont go and queue on boxing day either due to small children.
  • Red_Cat
    Red_Cat Posts: 1,040 Forumite
    Options
    I know the 75% off sale is a gamble, but I like it. I usually stock up on shower gel and body spray gift packs, for use in the year. Mainly they end up being Boots own brand ones, but I am not too bothered by that, it's much cheaper than buying them individually.
    Hoping this year is better than the last. :)
  • Sian_the_Green
    Options
    I think if you can get into a good store on boxing day it is worth it as stuff like the ruby and millie gift sets are a proper bargain at 50% off, I agree that if you want lots of things at similar prices it is not much better than 3 for 2 but if you were buying one or 2 big things and other little ones the 3 for 2 doesn't work in your favour as you would get the cheaper one free.

Unfortunately my local store doesnt have much in the way of Christmas stuff, only some small toiletries gifts
    God is good, all the time
    Do something that scares you every day
  • SandraScarlett
    Options
    Yes, I know the web site is a pain in The Harris, but there's nothing to beat that spine-tingling moment when your sale order actually goes through!!!!!

xx
  • helen_caslass
    Options
    last year i got ruby & millie stuff in the 75% sale what a bargain that was hoping to do the same again this time round... i put my order on about 6am last time...
    be loyal, be loud, be cas, be proud

look learn laugh love rainbows has begun
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    jamtart6 wrote: »
    "If you see it in the 50% sale and really want it, then buy it" because it won't be there for the 75%

Amen to that!

I waited for the sewing boxes last year, but none of them were in stock for the 75% off sale - on-line or instore.
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • shirlgirl2004
    Options
    Yes, I know the web site is a pain in The Harris, but there's nothing to beat that spine-tingling moment when your sale order actually goes through!!!!!

xx

Well said SS.:T
  • HGLTsuperstar
    Options
    I went into my local Boots last year looking simply for make-up brushes. Got the complete Ruby and Millie collection was £50 - 75% sale down to £12.50 and then there was the further adjustment for the decreased VAT at the till - came to about £12.20 and the contents are still going strong.
    Will be hoping for similar this year.
  • *Anon*
    *Anon* Posts: 357 Forumite
    Options
    Is the boxing day sale - 50 % off or UP TO 50% ?

TIA.
  • c_l_a_i_r_e
    c_l_a_i_r_e Posts: 4,647 Forumite
    Options
    *Anon* wrote: »
    Is the boxing day sale - 50 % off or UP TO 50% ?

TIA.

Items in the 3 for 2 xmas range (green parcel sticker) go to 50% off. Usually the perfume sets go to 50% off as well. Other things can go for smaller discounts ie the premium beauty xmas gifts went to 30% last year.
    :starmod:C'est la vie:starmod:
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport