2»

Comments

• babinaba
    babinaba Posts: 30 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 6 March 2010 at 1:43PM
    Options
    Hi all,

I didn't go to the FOS as I was going to give them another couple of weeks to reply. The reply came this morning.........they said they were going to offer me £1500 as a gesture of goodwill and without any admission of liability. This is the full amount that was paid - I'm stunned - I never thought it was that much!!! I thought it was going to be £200-300!!! aaarrgghhh!! I don't think that interest has been added but I don't think I'm bothered lol

I am quite happy to accept this amount BUT it says that I need to return the declaration and the balance will be paid into my current account after taking any arrears out (there wasn't any, it was fully paid off). As this was a number of years ago - the account that I was using to make the loan payments has now closed and I was wondering if they meant this account or the account I use now (which is with RBS who have made the decision as they are Mint loans essentially but only opened within the last year or so - I was wondering if RBS knows that I'm a customer of theirs? My account now was never associated with the Mint loan) - am I allowed to call them and clarify this?

Sorry for all the questions and seeming dumb - I'm still in shock!! ha ha

THANK YOU TO EVERYONE FOR YOUR HELP AND ADVICE!!!! XX
  • robbedofmymoney
    Options
    babinaba wrote: »
    Hi all,

I didn't go to the FOS as I was going to give them another couple of weeks to reply. The reply came this morning.........they said they were going to offer me £1500 as a gesture of goodwill and without any admission of liability. This is the full amount that was paid - I'm stunned - I never thought it was that much!!! I thought it was going to be £200-300!!! aaarrgghhh!! I don't think that interest has been added but I don't think I'm bothered lol

I am quite happy to accept this amount BUT it says that I need to return the declaration and the balance will be paid into my current account after taking any arrears out (there wasn't any, it was fully paid off). As this was a number of years ago - the account that I was using to make the loan payments has now closed and I was wondering if they meant this account or the account I use now (which is with RBS who have made the decision as they are Mint loans essentially but only opened within the last year or so - I was wondering if RBS knows that I'm a customer of theirs? My account now was never associated with the Mint loan) - am I allowed to call them and clarify this?

first of all well done on getting your money back,
    :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
    if you have no arrears ring them up and ask them why they have referred to them,
    it may be its just a standard paragraph that goes out with every succesful claim.
    I'm proud to say that the banks no longer take money from me after becoming debt free
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Hi all,

Hi there
    And Well done :beer:

I would request that they refund you direct as there are no arrears outstanding and yes I would call them about this and ask for any information they have on you.
    Good luck.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • babinaba
    Options
    first of all well done on getting your money back,
    :T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T:T
    if you have no arrears ring them up and ask them why they have referred to them,
    it may be its just a standard paragraph that goes out with every succesful claim.

Thank you :)

I think it might be a standard para it says "repay any arrears that may be outstanding" but I'm going to ring them anyway about what bank accounty they're going to pay it into so will double check
  • babinaba
    Options
    di3004 wrote: »
    Hi there
    And Well done :beer:

I would request that they refund you direct as there are no arrears outstanding and yes I would call them about this and ask for any information they have on you.
    Good luck.;)

Thank you! :)

I'm assuming that if it's my old bank account that they have on file they would have to either pay it into my new RBS one or send me a cheque - sorry I'm being paranoid - should just wait until I speak to them!!
  • di3004
    di3004 Posts: 42,579 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you! :)

I'm assuming that if it's my old bank account that they have on file they would have to either pay it into my new RBS one or send me a cheque - sorry I'm being paranoid - should just wait until I speak to them!!

Do not worry, your doing good here.:T:T;)
    Its your money........:beer:

Yes you can do if you feel more comfortable doing that, not a problem.;)
    The one and only "Dizzy Di" :D
  • babinaba
    Options
    Hi

Just a tiny update, RBS who are responsible for Mint and are now my bank have said that they'll transfer the money straight into my bank account (double checked what account they meant and it's my new one (with them) and not the old one that the payments were coming from).

They're obviously clever and put two and two together as I never told them I was an RBS customer lol

Thanks again to everyone, really appreciate all your help and advice :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure