Parcelforce - Non-Delivery

Options
What are my rights in regards to this?

I know my parcel went on the lorry for 'Express AM' delivery this morning. Nothing turned up. I went out this afternoon half expecting a card when I got back but there's nothing and no delivery attempt at all.

I paid £10 for Saturday specific delivery, can I claim this back off the retailer (online) or Parcelforce themselves?

Cheers
Kavanne
Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

'I do my job, do you do yours?'

Comments

• custardy
    custardy Posts: 38,365 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Kavanne wrote: »

I know my parcel went on the lorry for 'Express AM' delivery this morning. Nothing turned up. I went out this afternoon half expecting a card when I got back but there's nothing and no delivery attempt at all.

I paid £10 for Saturday specific delivery, can I claim this back off the retailer (online) or Parcelforce themselves?

Cheers

you can ask the retailer,most will refund
    remember things happen,especially with the weather
    just today i got stranded after some plonker parked his lorry and blocked my van in for 45 minutes!! outwith my control
    plus for couriers they run a very small staff on Saturdays
  • Kavanne
    Kavanne Posts: 5,093 Forumite
    Options
    Still says 'out for delivery' this morning as the last update on their 'tracking'

We've sent an email to the retailer asking them to get the item back from Parcelforce and issue us with a full refund as we are going away on Tuesday. Grrraaaaaah
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I know my parcel went on the lorry for 'Express AM' delivery this morning.
    How do you know that?
    All you know is that is what they wrote on the tracking info.
    ...as we are going away on Tuesday. Grrraaaaaah
    So that's two whole days when it could arrive. :confused:
  • Kavanne
    edited 20 December 2009 at 1:00PM
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    How do you know that?
    All you know is that is what they wrote on the tracking info.

So that's two whole days when it could arrive. :confused:
    Ah sorry, I see I did not include details

Yes, the only info I have to go on is the tracking info on parcel force's website.

I tried to arrange redelivery online but the first day they could do it was Tuesday, not Monday, and I will be out both those days preparing for Xmas anyway; Monday shopping and Tuesday at 10am we'll be going away until 28th Dec...

We requested, and paid for, Saturday delivery for a reason and I feel that, Keith, you think I am being unreasonable? I'm sorry but I don't understand why you feel I may be in the wrong here :(
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

• KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,663 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Well, as Custardy says, things happen.

If you really want it before Christmas you may have to re-arrange your week.

Alternatively, cancel the order.
    Under Distance Selling Regulations you have that right.
    (You did ask about your rights)
  • Kavanne
    Options
    Yes, as I have done, I have emailed the retailer and asked them to get the item back from Parcelforce to give me a refund :) I hope that makes sense.
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

• Forris
    Forris Posts: 366 Forumite
    Options

Cheers

Yes, you can claim your money back from the retailer. It is best to deal solely with the retailer on this and let them deal with PFWW.

As to what has happened to your parcel, it would seem that it has been simply 'failed'. The reason that you would not have been able to book a re-delivery for Monday is that the parcel would not have been scanned back into the depot when it was returned on the van on Saturday afternoon (as Custardy says, skeleton crew on Saturdays). This means that the system thinks it is not in the depot (although, unless lost or stolen, it obviously is) so cannot book the parcel out again.

If you were to get Amazon to chase the PF depot on Monday then they should make sure that it is delivered for you. If you are in the OX, RG8, RG14-20 or HP9-15 postcodes then let me have the details (PM me if you wish) and I will check the depot for you in the morning.
  • Kavanne
    Options
    Thanks but I am down in Southampton and the retailer is ebuyer. If i
    I could wait in on mon, I would but id rather have my money back and try again another time
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

• Kavanne
    Options
    Update;

Well it's all happened today.

We spoke to ebuyer who said Parcelforce told them they couldn't deliver on Saturday as it wasn;t the usual driver on the route and he couldn't find our house....

They assured us it was out for delivery today.

We got our money back for postage off ebuyer

Then at about 12 Parcelforce's website said my package had been signed for!!! I had had no knock and apparently it had been signed by the addressee.... (illegible scribble as the signature)

I found the direct number to the Solent depot on saynoto0870.com and called them and launch a tirade basically (I may have called their delivery driver a liar more than once... but by this time I was frustrated that 2 !!!! ups had affected my 1 delivery!!)... the lady put me on hold and phoned the driver who had apparently realised what he had done and already retrieved the package and that it would be with us 'soon'

at 3pm he turned up... sigh, he apologised and said that if we were polite to the shop we could get our money back haha. what a farce!!
    Kavanne
    Nuns! Nuns! Reverse!

• cwcw
    cwcw Posts: 928 Forumite
    edited 7 August 2010 at 12:30PM
    Options
    Well, I also paid £10 for ebuyer's Saturday delivery and have been waiting in all morning for it. The tracking details show it was with Parcelforce from about 5am and is "out for delivery" on the express AM service (by noon). Just gone noon and nothing, and I need to go out soon. Not pleased, and weather is no excuse now we're in the summer!

Edit- quick update to that, I've refreshed the tracking page and it now says "attempted delivery" at 11.40am. I can safely say, given I'm sat 6 feet from the front door and have been for the last 2 to 3 hours, that no delivery was attempted. Needless to say they didn't put a card through the door. No doubt they "couldn't find it"..... a FULL refund will now be sought.

Edit 2 - spoke too soon, all is forgiven - just arrived literally as I was about to go out. Not sure about why the tracking said attempted delivery at 11.40 though.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure