Transfer rules on stocks and shares mini isa's

Could someone put me right on the transfer ruling on share mini isa's. I have the maximum (4k) invested in a unit trust within an ISA for the 2005/06 tax year. I know these are medium to long term investments but if I want to change it, do I just request repayment or is it like cash isa's where you do not withdraw, you ask the bank to transer it in order not to lose tax advantages. I guess that as we are now in a new tax year there shouldn't be a problem either way?

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,362 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    if its a fund switch, these normally occur within 24 hours of the receipt of instruction (normally the next dealing date after receipt).

If its a re-registration, then you are not out of market at any point and the new provider has a re-registration form

If its a transfer, the new provider will have a transfer form.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure