New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Reindeer food!

edited 22 December 2009 at 4:51PM in It's Gone, but was it any good?
46 replies 27.1K views

Replies

• Thanks for sharing this is a great idea.
    For thousands of people this Christmas, their must-have gift is far more vital than the latest gadget or toy – it’s blood. Please don’t let the festivities and cold weather prevent you from giving them the ultimate gift… give blood.
  • lilian1977lilian1977 Forumite
    5K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for changing your post to advise about the edible glitter :D

If anyone's interested there is a whole thread about reindeer food here. There are also threads in that forum about Snowman soup, flannel reindeers, reindeer poop etc! x

My debt free diary
    [/SIZE][/FONT]
  • Tesco in Northern ireland sell reindeer food for £1 every year for the NI Children's Hospice:T

My kids love it (not to eat now:D) and it's all for a great cause too:T
    I am trying, honest;) very trying according to my dear OH:rotfl:
  • edited 16 December 2009 at 5:05PM
    skiTTishskiTTish Forumite
    1.4K posts
    edited 16 December 2009 at 5:05PM
    mookie wrote: »

mix it up in a pot or food bag and sprinkle on the lawn for [strike]santa's reindeers [/strike]all the rats in the neighbourhood to find their way to your garden. :d

:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
  • skiTTishskiTTish Forumite
    1.4K posts
    Why are my smilies no worky ?!?!?! :(
  • mookie wrote: »
    I have just made my kids some reindeer food to put out on christmas eve, all you need is
    * value brand porridge oats
    * edible glitter, sparkles or hundreds & thousands

Mix it up in a pot or food bag and sprinkle on the lawn for Santa's reindeers to find their way to your garden. :D

Was about to post and I looked it up and found these cute little tags you can print for free to attach to your food packs.
    http://www.youthonline.ca/christmas/crafts/reindeerfood3.html
    http://www.youthonline.ca/christmas/crafts/reindeerfood2.html

Kids will love it.

why do u need edible glitter??? incase the reindeer axtually eat it?? lmao love the idea tho!!
    Wedding Debt!!

Credit card - [STRIKE]£2,500[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£2200[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£1,800[/STRIKE]
    Loan - [STRIKE]£10,000[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]9,550[/STRIKE] [STRIKE]£8,200[/STRIKE]
    debt free by christmas 2012??? :T
  • I find a carrot (about 14p) does the trick just as well. Looks good if you bite half of it off before the morning too! ;)
    The quickest way to become a millionaire is start off as a billionaire and go into the airline business.
    Richard Branson
  • The only "christmas reindeer food" that I have seen to buy is rasing money for charity, I don't mind, giving £1 to charity especially if it means I don't have to have oats and glitter all over the kitchen!!
    pinkpinkfizz

I :heartpuls MSE
  • mookiemookie Forumite
    2.7K posts
    HayHay wrote: »
    why do u need edible glitter??? incase the reindeer axtually eat it?? lmao love the idea tho!!

Have a read of the first few posts after I posted ;)
    The only "christmas reindeer food" that I have seen to buy is rasing money for charity, I don't mind, giving £1 to charity especially if it means I don't have to have oats and glitter all over the kitchen!!

I haven't seen any where I live, a friend told me they got some on a day trip somewhere so I looked it up and found recipes to make it myself or ebay charging £5 a jar!! :eek:
  • LloydsTSB have Reindeer food for £1, the money goes to the British Heart foundation.
    Became Mrs Lawson on May 1st 2010

Turn £100 into £10000 in 2010
    Spent £0.00 Made =£278.15