Anyone used Rointe heaters?

Options
1676869707173»

Comments

• Will_Rich
    Options
    Anyone had any issues with Rointe Heaters overheating at the plug?

Just been PAT Testing in a business, numerous sockets were cracked & the plugs were very hot to touch. One had severe visual signs of overheating at the plug/socket. 

Wasn't sure if this was potentially an Electrical Installation issue and/or an issue over time with the appliance(see note below).

Heaters roughly 5 years old & this has only really came apparent in the past year. To note, they have moved away from using the the programme & rely on switching on/off each day.

Referred them back to installer/electrician. I personally thought they should be on a spur, though doing so (removing plug) may void Rointe Warranty, as per manufacturer website. 
  • MultiFuelBurner
    Options
    Will_Rich said:
    Anyone had any issues with Rointe Heaters overheating at the plug?

Just been PAT Testing in a business, numerous sockets were cracked & the plugs were very hot to touch. One had severe visual signs of overheating at the plug/socket. 

Wasn't sure if this was potentially an Electrical Installation issue and/or an issue over time with the appliance(see note below).

Heaters roughly 5 years old & this has only really came apparent in the past year. To note, they have moved away from using the the programme & rely on switching on/off each day.

Referred them back to installer/electrician. I personally thought they should be on a spur, though doing so (removing plug) may void Rointe Warranty, as per manufacturer website. 
    I wonder if they should have been directly wired into a fused connection

Example below

• QrizB
    QrizB Posts: 13,822 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    We havent had a magic clay post for a while, this is a bit of a blast from the past!
    Will_Rich said:
    I agree, I think a permanently installed heater should have a fused connection unit, not a plug & socket.
    (We've got a few electricians on this board, does anyone know what the IEEE Regs say?)

N. Hampshire, he/him. Octopus Go elec & Tracker gas / Shell BB / Lyca mobi. Ripple Kirk Hill member.
    2.72kWp PV facing SSW installed Jan 2012. 11 x 247w panels, 3.6kw inverter. 30MWh generated, long-term average 2.6 Os.
    Taking a break, hope to be back eventually.
    Ofgem cap table, Ofgem cap explainer. Economy 7 cap explainer. Gas vs E7 vs peak elec heating costs.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.9K Discuss & Feedback