We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

mastercare coverplan?

Options
2»

Comments

• sportbeth
    sportbeth Posts: 621 Forumite
    Options
    our washing machine broke down during it's coverplan cover.

A man came out to fix it and said he had to send away for parts

He told us it was fine to use

5 weeks later it was flooding the floor and still unfixed

after 7 weeks a man came out, told me he had the wrong part and left the entire machine in bits on the kitchen floor, concrete blocks and all

I called coverplan to complain as they guarantee the machine will be fixed in 6 weeks. A heated argument ensued where I told the manager that they were liable as they had reneged on the contractual agreement

His response "stuff it, what else are you going to do?"

I had to go away and buy a machine as they made it nigh on impossible for me to get a replacement machine or any money back

I've given up argueing now, but I bought the coverplan at £100 and then a new machine at £140 from a local shop that do repairs if I need them to
  • rabialiones
    rabialiones Posts: 1,957 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    thanks for all replies, have decided against coverplan after reading all negative posts.
    just hope i have no problems.
    Nice to save.
  • bbay
    bbay Posts: 2 Newbie
    Options
    As far as im concerned mastercare are amazing, Ive insured my television, washing machine, fridge, ipod, dryer and cooker...

They dont just insure new, they insure second hand equipment also...

And no i dont work for them...

Ive claimed on my cover on three seperate occasions and never had a problem, so if you think that your gonna get ripped off your not, they are actually quite good, and honestly the money i saved extending my cover on my machines is better then the amount i would have to pay to either have them repaired or even purchase a new machine all together.

So next time someone says its a waste of money calculate how much it would cost you to actually repair your broken machines, and the old wise tale that nothing will happen to the machine well im sorry it can happen any time and no one wants to spend to get an all new machine.

So im glad i took the cover out, I will continue to do so because unlike most i would rather have the peace of mind, ive got a washing machine working great, a tv that nearly died on me and had all the parts replaced, their not like an insurance company you have to bare in mind that they are more a warranty cover service so theres no premium, and the cover remains for three years.

Anyhoo im happy, and i dont have to worry about my goods breaking down and pay an arm and a leg for parts.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport