🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Safestyle UK - your thoughts..?

Options
13»

Comments

• mummypig_3
    Options
    Ooooh, just had an email - they dont want to lose my custom so they're knocking the price down to COST price, £6.5k! WOW! ahem!
  • MothballsWallet
    MothballsWallet Posts: 15,852 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Photogenic
    edited 12 December 2009 at 2:11PM
    Options
    I've had 6 windows and 2 doors fitted by Safestyle in October 2005, one of them with patterned privacy glass, and a couple with toughened safety glass, and I'm happy with them. I paid about 4.2k for the whole lot - I did have my parents with me when the salesman called, and we knocked him down from over 8k (or more iirc).

mummypig - how many windows did you ask for a quote for? And did you ask for any special options: toughened glass, patterned privacy glass (like for a bathroom), etc.?
  • mummypig_3
    Options
    I've had 6 windows and 2 doors fitted by Safestyle in October 2005, one of them with patterned privacy glass, and a couple with toughened safety glass, and I'm happy with them. I paid about 4.2k for the whole lot - I did have my parents with me when the salesman called, and we knocked him down from over 8k (or more iirc).

mummypig - how many windows did you ask for a quote for? And did you ask for any special options: toughened glass, patterned privacy glass (like for a bathroom), etc.?

It's 13 windows, a slidy back door window and a porch! 2 of the windows are massive bay windows. I actually dont think the price seems that bad, just really dont like the company!
  • deanos
    deanos Posts: 11,223 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Uniform Washer
    Options
    They wouldnt come round and give me a quote unless the wife was there, warning bells started ringing, they sounded dodgy to me.

Went with a local firm in the end, worth asking friends and neighbours for recomendations
  • trisontana
    trisontana Posts: 9,472 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    I would never buy anything from them purely because of their TV adverts, which must be some of the worst on record. First you have that bloke who looks like a failed wrestler, then you have that pair of "comedians" Cannon and Ball (the only comedy act with two straight men) with their "pick up the piggin phone" demand.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • yeah
    yeah Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    Yeah that puts me off too!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts