PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Drying oranges for decorations

Options
124»

Comments

• zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Infamy, how did you get on with yours? I cut up another 3 oranges and am making more. Quite addictive. I think they are absolutely gorgeous but my Mum made a comment - which peed all over my cornflakes about them. Gave best friend some for her tree , and she gave one to her mum who thought they were beaut. Also gave brother some who really appreciated them, so i think it's just my Mum being an odd ball.
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• coraline_2
    Options
    I am definitely going to try this! Hope it smells festive :D Quick question - has anyone tried it with lemons, and has it been successful?
  • sassyblue
    sassyblue Posts: 3,783 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    coraline wrote: »
    I am definitely going to try this! Hope it smells festive :D Quick question - has anyone tried it with lemons, and has it been successful?

Hi coraline, l've got some lemon slices drying with the orange ones now on one of my rads, the lemons seem to be darkening more than the oranges?? I haven't dipped/put vinegar on either of them.

zippychick, yours look FAB!! Can l ask if you also cut those ribbons out of clothes? I've been doing that for years and now l have a little shoebox filled with ribbons, sequins and buttons. :T

My oranges and lemons don't seem to be smelling very much at the moment, l'm going to tie them with a slice of lemon and perhaps lime too.

I've also bought my very first real tree (from Tesco with clubcard points and a rootball so l can reuse year after year :p) l'm SO excited!!

Happy moneysaving all.
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Thanks! I would say lemons would work

I have a present wrapping box full of scraps of ribbon and tie up stuff so yeah its all scraps leftover from stuff! The stars are present confetti and the glitter is body glitter from my girly days! he he he
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    I left mine in airing cupboard for 4days and have finally put them up outside and on tree (sorry for duplicate post OS daily readers :p)
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business