PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Drying oranges for decorations

Options

Comments

• bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Jumping on this band wagon also, airing cupboard for me too, DS and Dogs would have great fun otherwse. Mum just grabbed mine at aldi 75p for bag :money:Haribo, where the blooming heck do i find cloves :confused:? :o
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • SunnyGirl
    SunnyGirl Posts: 2,639 Forumite
    Options
    Zippy One of the dogs is a Labrador so in other words is a canine dustbin :rotfl::rotfl: I had to retrieve one of DD's epilepsy tablets from her this morning as she pounced as soon as she saw DD drop it :eek::eek::eek: Luckily I saw it happen as even though they're both insured it could have been deadly for her.

Edited to add: Bargainbird Cloves are in with the herbs & spices usually.
  • zippychick
    zippychick Posts: 9,364 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    oh my word , that would have been such a disaster! EEK!
    A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men :cool:
    Norn Iron club member #380

• bargainbird
    bargainbird Posts: 3,771 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks SG ;)
    You know your getting old when you
    go to the pub sit outside
    and admire the hanging basket :cool:
    Is officially 48% tight :D
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Last Night I noticed Homemade Kirsty had some dried whole oranges that reminded me about this but before I could start slicing, OH had peeled a couple & was eating them... so I joined in :p

Now I must find some more bargain oranges!
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • THIRZAH
    THIRZAH Posts: 1,465 Forumite
    Options
    Chatsworth House had whole dried lemons on some of their christmas trees. I have three drying in the airing cupboard suspended from the shelves in mesh bags so am hoping they'll turn out ok.
  • Quasar
    Quasar Posts: 121,720 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    JackieO wrote: »
    These I saw in Fortnums ,three small slices in a net bag along with a small stick of cinnamon priced at £8.00.Needless to say I didn't buy any but did mine at home on kitchen top on the top of a radiator. Cost the price of a couple of oranges and some kitchen roll about 60p

I'm glad I found this thread as I also want to know how these are made, so I can tell my sister who is enchanted by them.

I was in Fortnum and Mason yesterday with her, who has come to the UK to visit me for a few days. We bought a few things including a dried orange and cinnamon wreath. £47 for three items!:eek: My mum gave her/us money to spend though. ;)
    Be careful who you open up to. Today it's ears, tomorrow it's mouth.
  • Lula13
    Lula13 Posts: 23 Forumite
    Options
    Thank you every one:beer:...I felt the same about putting the oven on for all that time so I'll stick with the airing cupboard...
  • Muddles
    Muddles Posts: 75 Forumite
    Options
    Bargain Bird I bought a bag of Cloves from Julian Graves for about a £1 for Pomanders.

Great to hear you can dry orange slices in airing cupboard or on rads as I was put off having the oven on for hours.
  • deborah64
    deborah64 Posts: 323 Forumite
    Options
    This is a great thread, guess i know what i,m doing once we break up from school :j
    Thanks op
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport