Virgin Media Problems. help!

Options
simon1984
simon1984 Posts: 5 Forumite
edited 7 December 2009 at 2:42PM in TV MoneySaving
Hi all.

New here and ive got a big problem with Virgin Media atm.

September 18th service fault loss of all services..
ENG came out on the 20th to say line problem it needs reputting.
they cant get anyone out til 4th October...

4th October comes i phone them up to see if the line was put in.
couldnt help me as my bill overlapsed as i refused to pay in sept as it was off.
many times i called and got the same situation no major update then they said it was and i need to pay the oustanding balance so i paid and he credited some of the account but not the full amount.

After waiting 24 hours. services still off.
many times on the phone waiting an hour an half to get cut off and retry..
was told the work was done was asked to check the box outside to see if it was done? i opened the box and there was 2 lines from the ground but not one connected to the inside line.

another ENG finaly comes out sometime in OCT.. saying same problem line needs to be refitted...

many times on the phone i thought they done this? but i didnt get no where..

yet again roles in to NOV and my bill overlaps.. so the new work load got canceled
many times since nov to dec many conversations that they need to credit the account.

spoken to complants in NOV to a main guy aware of this said it doesnt need to be he has spoken the TEC it will be done ASAP and when its done he will credit the account.

so more time on the phone though out nov chasing this guy then he dont return my calls so i contact the CS again and yet again same issue about my bill.

i get rudely spoken to saying its never been a fault its down to the bill..

finaly got hold of some decent lady at the complaints side who is looking in to the matter she has credited the account to restore to see if work been done and it hasnt.
currently waiting for her call today
ATM they currently owe me £25 in services i have not used for part of sept bill..
£120 in mobile phone charges and i have had my mobile cut off because of the such a high bill i can not pay! i have had to use a mobile doggle as i work at home on the pc so this has cost me a fortune!

any advice would be great. if u dont understand parts im sorry but this has gone on for ages and there is tons more calls and im going around the bend now!!

Comments

• spike7451
    spike7451 Posts: 6,944 Forumite
    Options
    Repulling the drop is what the engineer meant & requires two engineers.The rop cable from the cab to the house is fully replaced.
    4th October comes i phone them up to see if the line was put in.
    You or someone over 18 needs to be at home,not only for H&S reasons but because of legal reasons,The engineers might also need power.If the was no one at home & VM could'nt get hold of you,then the repull would be cancelled.
    If you have lost all services it means one of two things-
    1-You have been disconnected in the street cab
    2-Your drop cable has been damaged,hence the repull.
    i opened the box and there was 2 lines from the ground but not one connected to the inside line.
    Done by the original service tech to check telco pairs & catv signal levels.No point re-connecting them if the drop's !!!!!!ed.

Spike (ex-NTL/VM Service Tech)
  • simon1984
    Options
    Thanks for the reply..

i instructed them via phone that i wouldnt be in way before. unless they pay me £100 for the day off..! they said its fine for the work to be carried out. i have found out thought out NOV the work was carried out on the system due another tec problem.. but i found out today it wasnt and they was aware as from day one it wasnt at their tec place and it needs to be a night job? so why on earth have i waited 12 weeks for it then?

so as my QS states.. anyone with further legal knowledge what to do next to claim my losses.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure