Claiming back costs of DLA Tribunal (Travel)

Options
2»

Comments

• Glyndwr_2
    Glyndwr_2 Posts: 1,176 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Pete268 wrote: »
    Re London, when I visited there earlier this year for a short holiday I could not believe how much the tube fares were. Fortunately I am issued with one of the disabled photocard things to travel free on the tube/DLR/local trains as well as the busses in and around London. Well worth claiming for one if you can.

Can you give details of this card & how to apply for it. I know you can use your disabled bus pass in London, but only on the buses (unless you live in a London borough & have a Freedom pass). I don't know of any "disabled photocard things" that allow you to travel on all London transport other than the Freedom pass.
  • Pete268
    Pete268 Posts: 219 Forumite
    Options
    Glyndwr wrote: »
    Can you give details of this card & how to apply for it. I know you can use your disabled bus pass in London, but only on the buses (unless you live in a London borough & have a Freedom pass). I don't know of any "disabled photocard things" that allow you to travel on all London transport other than the Freedom pass.

Sorry it took a bit of finding as I couldn't remember what it was called and I couldn't find the card to start with, but I recall now it came with my war disablement pension. The details are here -

http://www.tfl.gov.uk/tickets/faresandtickets/8734.aspx

Peter
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family