motorcycle hire in goa

Options
hi there,i,m taking my son to goa in march and we are both motorbike riders,is it easy to hire royal enfields once we get there, and are there any resorts which are close to hire centers
regards

Comments

• amerste
    amerste Posts: 182 Forumite
    Options
    Depends on wether you are in north or south Goa, north goa you shouldn't have a problem as it's much busier so bike/scooter hire should be easy, south goa is quieter but I'm sure that the helpful people of Goa will soon sort you out. If this is your first visit to Goa, I hope you have a wonderfull time and I may add very brave going so late in their season, the tempreture will be very hot.
  • cundall
    cundall Posts: 859 Forumite
    Options
    you can always get a bike...

Tip 1 - Get the international driving license from the post office as they like to pull you over for backsheash

Tip 2 - Make sure you get a black numberplate with yellow writing as this shows that the bike has been registered for tourists.

Tip 3 - Make sure you have a copy of the insurance and emissions certificate for the police.

Tip 4 - If you are going to use a helmet bring your own.

You might not get pulled by the police but if you are i would ensure you have the above to stop you paying any fines.
  • poipleshadow
    Options
    You can hire enfields in most major resorts, as previously said it's easiest up north (Calangute, Baga, Anjuna etc) as there's so many around. Enfields tend to be a bit more expensive to rent from 250 Rs a day, although this is dependant on how long you want them for...

A International driving licence wityh save you so much hassle, they are very easy to get from the post office, RAC or AA.

On the main highway in Goa (NH17( you are required to wear a helmet, but smaller inside roads it's not a requirement although, obviously safer. If you ride bikes in the UK you shouldn't have a huge problem although the Indian roads do take a bit of getting use to...

Try and avoid

1. People just walking straight accross the road with outr looking, same goes for Dogs, Monkeys and of course Cows and Buffalo

2. Don't take things for granted (eg signalling) people tend to turn in any dirrection without any prior notice so always be ready for everything! including people going downt he wrong way of a one way street, reversig round a roundabout etc...

3. Make sure you have the papers for the bike, insurance, licence, Log book, emmissions certificate etc as the police will go down the list if you have a valid licence (they'll try and find something wrong).\

4. Have fun and be safe, it's lovely driving over here

Thanks

Rob
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills