Re-invested Bradford & Bingley 1 year fixed rate ISA (April 2009)

10_66
10_66 Posts: 3,269 Forumite
Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
edited 29 November 2009 at 1:19PM in ISAs & tax-free savings
In April 2009 I re-invested a Bradford & Bingley 1 year fixed rate ISA (previously issue 4 @ 6.25%, re-invested to issue 10 @ 3%). Unfortunately (and unlike me), I don’t have anything saved from their website or in writing confirming this rate, and there’s nothing on the B&B/Abbey/Santander website relating to this under accounts no longer available. There is a link on Abbey’s website “how do I find out the rates on an existing Bradford & Bingley savings account”, but that only takes you to a blank page :rolleyes: (and another link that only mentions the 2008 rate of 6.25%). Has anyone got a link confirming the rate of this product, please?

Comments

• martinman3
    martinman3 Posts: 727 Forumite
    edited 30 November 2009 at 5:45PM
    They have just changed the branding on the website from Abbey to Santander and in the process the interest rates details of more than half the old accounts have vanished.;)

There is a cached copy on Google from 12th Nov 2009
    http://209.85.229.132/search?q=cache:7pdjTlMKLI4J:www.abbey-products.com/bradford-bingley-savings/previous-savings-rates.html
    which says the following (shortened)
    [B][SIZE=1][SIZE=1][B]Balance    [/B][B]Previous        [/B][B]AER      [/B][B]AER† inc. bonus      [/B][B]Gross p.a.%     [/B][B]Net p.a.%   [/B][B]Monthly Gross p.a.%      [/B][B]Monthly Net p.a.%[/B][/SIZE][/SIZE][/B]

[SIZE=1][B][B][SIZE=1]1 Yr Fixed Rate ISA (Issue 10)[/SIZE][/B][/B]
    [B][SIZE=1]£3,600       [/SIZE][SIZE=1]n/a               [/SIZE][SIZE=1]3.00       [/SIZE][SIZE=1]n/a                [/SIZE][SIZE=1]3.00              [/SIZE][SIZE=1]n/a               [/SIZE][SIZE=1]n/a                  [/SIZE][SIZE=1]n/a[/SIZE][/B]
    [/SIZE]

• 10_66
    Thanks martinman3. Just in case I want to use this cached site for something else, how do I use it, please?
  • 10_66 wrote: »
    Thanks martinman3. Just in case I want to use this cached site for something else, how do I use it, please?
    If you mean you want to save it for later use.
    With Internet Explorer you can select 'Save As' from the 'File' menu and choose 'Web Archive' for "Save as type" and it will save it as a single 'mht' file.
    This file can be opened even after the cached version disappears as it saves the complete web page in a single file.
  • 10_66
    martinman3 wrote: »
    If you mean you want to save it for later use.

Sorry, no, what I meant was how would I find similar information on that website for another company (ie, how did you find it for the B&B product?).
  • 10_66 wrote: »
    Sorry, no, what I meant was how would I find similar information on that website for another company (ie, how did you find it for the B&B product?).
    It was from the Google search engine.
    Search for what ever you are interested in with Google and listed after each result is a link named "Cached" which is the web page as last scanned by the search engine. The link doesn't stay valid for long which is why you should save the page if it is important.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.6K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family
  • 247.8K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure