Best rates for ISA?

Today I found out I'm only getting 0.5% interest on my Natwest ISA since the special 12 month offer finished last month :shocked:. Obviously I will be transferring asap. Which banks are offering the best interest rates right now? I'm just looking for a normal cash mini ISA with the option of withdrawals if needed.

Thanks.

Comments

• First Direct 3% fixed until 9/11/10, but instant access, so can switch if higher rate ISAs emerge during that pertod and definitely arrange a switch a few weeks prior to the end of the fixed rate period when the rate becomes 0.2%.
    I came, I saw, I saved.
    Campaign for the Abolition of Political Parties - find us on Facebook
  • djwolf
    djwolf Posts: 134 Forumite
    That sounds good.

One other quick question, I presume transferring a balance does not count as part of the £3,600 limit each year?
    456789 Posts: 2,305 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    it does not
  • No, provided you submit a transfer form to the new provider.
    I came, I saw, I saved.
    Campaign for the Abolition of Political Parties - find us on Facebook
  • I transferred a cash isa into natwest in oct 08 as I believed the rate for 1 year including bonus was 6.72% fixed as given on this site. The transfer was completed in nov 08 and special rate ended 30/11/09. Natwest now say that the interest rate wasn't fixed only 2% bonus and on average I only received about 3% total interest rate over the year. I have nothing in writing about it being fixed, was anybody else taken in by this.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure