Coloured Number Plate Screw Covers

Options
rizla01
rizla01 Posts: 7,256 Forumite
Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I saw these in France and wondered if anyone knew where I could get them over here?

The ones i saw (on a few vehicles, so it must be a craze over there) matched the paintwork on the car.

Better than boring yellow or white.

Has anyone seen them on sale anywhere?
"Unhappiness is not knowing what we want, and killing ourselves to get it."
Post Count: 4,111 Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,111 Posts (Actual figures as they once were))
Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.

Comments

• Lemonade_Pockets
    Options
    No but they are illegal. So for the little benefit it will give to the appearance i personally wouldn't bother.
  • Lemonade_Pockets
    Options
    The colours and reflectivity of number plates are also specified in the regulations, and there is a British Standard (BS AU 145d) which describes the physical characteristics of number plates, including: visibility, strength and reflectivity. Front plates must have black characters on a white background, while rear plates must have black characters on a yellow background. The British Standard also requires that a number plate must be marked with the following information: the British Standard Number, the name, trade mark, or other means of identification of the manufacturer or component supplier, the name and postcode of the supplying outlet. A non-reflective border is optional. There may be no other markings or material contained on the number plate.
    http://www.regtransfers.co.uk/main/car_numberplates_regulations.asp
  • rizla01
    rizla01 Posts: 7,256 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    No but they are illegal. So for the little benefit it will give to the appearance i personally wouldn't bother.

Utter Nonsense!!

These are not ON the number plate!!

They are merely holding it in place.

There is NO LAW making you fix your plate using anything more than plain screws - Covered or NOT.

The colour of the screws or covers is not detailed but you are not allowed to use them to alter the appearance of the numerals/letters. That is all.

Now show me where it specifically says that other than same coloured screw covers are illegal.

Specifically - not your distorted interpretation, please.
    "Unhappiness is not knowing what we want, and killing ourselves to get it."
    Post Count: 4,111 Thanked 3,111 Times in 1,111 Posts (Actual figures as they once were))
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea.
  • Wig
    Wig Posts: 14,139 Forumite
    Options
    Can't you just use a colour matched "touch up" paint pot and paint your screw heads?

I have to admit I don't see the aesthetic advantage of having colour coded screw caps on the No. plate. Surely they just won't even be noticed.
  • Zanzibar
    Options
    I saw a multicolor set of number plate security screws in Halfords last week - £5 - think there were 5 colours in total.
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Zanzibar wrote: »
    I saw a multicolor set of number plate security screws in Halfords last week - £5 - think there were 5 colours in total.
    So, assuming two screws of each colour, that's fifty pence per screw.

Someone will be along in a minute to tell us whether that is a scam or rip-off.
    I can't remember which is which. :D
  • Inactive
    Inactive Posts: 14,509 Forumite
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    that's fifty pence per screw.

:D

Seems cheap to me.. :D
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,931 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Inactive wrote: »
    Seems cheap to me.. :D
    Well it seems I got my sums wrong.

There are four screws of each colour.

So there yer go... a screw for twenty-five pence... can't be bad. ;)
  • iwanttosave_2
    iwanttosave_2 Posts: 34,292 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    For 25 pence, I bet it isn't a good screw. :D

Rizla, just use nail varnish, then you can use a glitter one and have them sparkly. I'm going to go do OH's now, I bet he'll love it :T
    Work like you don't need money,
    Love like you've never been hurt,
    And dance like no one's watching
    Save the cheerleader, save the world!
  • pendulum
    pendulum Posts: 2,302 Forumite
    Options
    KeithP wrote: »
    So there yer go... a screw for twenty-five pence... can't be bad. ;)
    Christ alive, I've been paying £80!! Err... :D
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport