🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Daytime Call Package

Options
ioscorpio
ioscorpio Posts: 2,360 Forumite
First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
I've been offered a self employed job, so if I take it I would need a daytime package, I currently use 18185 and Primus Option 2 and 0844calls etc for international calls and Eclipse Internet broadband £14.99
I've had a look around and found
TalkTalk £9.99 sign up for BB @ 18 months or £8.99 phone only
Primus Option 3 £8.49
Tiscali £7.99 or £19.99 with broadband
Telecom Plus £19.95 for 6 months inc broadband then £22.99
Euphony £7.25
Eclipse £5.99

I could also go down the VOIP route but calls limited to 300 mins per week

Comments

• Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Keep Primus Saver Option 2 CPS - free evening and weekend UK 01/02 calls.

Use 18185 for cheaper weekend calls to mobiles and weekday calls to 0870 numbers if you can't find a geograpoghical equivalent number.

Then sign up for www.1899.co.uk - for 3p per call [regardless of duration] weekday daytime calls to UK 01/02 numbers.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • ioscorpio
    Options
    That would only give me 200 calls per month on 1899 and I can't register for that as it keeps rejecting my application and I would only get 150 calls a month on 18185, compared to Eclipse for £5.99.

As I previously said I would be working from home, so that's why I would need a daytime package.
  • ahrimaniac
    ahrimaniac Posts: 714 Forumite
    Options
    The BT option:

£25.50 a month - all of your calls free, anywhere in the UK, to any landline.

Reliable, but not the cheapest.
    Comping wins this month: 2 x business class flights anywhere we like | Horse vitamins (!) | New kettle | Motorcycling prints | Signed LPs | Thanks to all!
  • mobilegossip
    mobilegossip Posts: 1,163 Forumite
    Options
    iomexico wrote:
    That would only give me 200 calls per month on 1899 and I can't register for that as it keeps rejecting my application and I would only get 150 calls a month on 18185, compared to Eclipse for £5.99.

As I previously said I would be working from home, so that's why I would need a daytime package.

Can you post a link for Eclipse please.
  • ioscorpio
    Options
    mobilegossip
    http://www.eclipse.net.uk/

macminiuser
    which company is it?
  • Heinz
    Options
    Why doesn't the (free) Primus Saver Option 2 come up as an option when I enter my 'weekend and evening calls' requirement?

Why are the only options offered (a few of) the ones for which a monthly subscription is payable?
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • macminiuser
    macminiuser Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Heinz - I guess they haven't got primus on their database; might be worth giving them the heads up. I hadn't even tried their evening and weekend comparison cos we were discussing anytime uk calls.

Although, when I looked at the http://www.planet-talk.co.uk/ website, I couldn't find this Saver Option 2 that everyone raves about either - only Anyphone Saver, Home Phone Saver, Mobile Saver and Planet Talk Select. Is it a special offer for moneysavingexpert readers or am I being especially dense?
    Fasthosts ruined my life
  • Heinz
    Options
    Heinz - I guess they haven't got primus on their database; might be worth giving them the heads up.
    Perhaps you'd better.
    Although, when I looked at the http://www.planet-talk.co.uk/ website, I couldn't find this Saver Option 2 that everyone raves about either - only Anyphone Saver, Home Phone Saver, Mobile Saver and Planet Talk Select. Is it a special offer for moneysavingexpert readers or am I being especially dense?
    You just missed the link from Martin's article.
  • macminiuser
    macminiuser Posts: 127 Forumite
    Options
    Oh right - thanks for the link. Why is this product not easily available to all customers new and existing, direct from the homepage, instead of through a back door link?

As for homephonechoices, I don't know what their policy is for adding telcos to their database - clearly they're missing a trick with the Primus tariff; it's excellent, but maybe they have a policy whereby they only advertise published tariffs for the General Public, not cheeky 'only available to those in the know' special offers?

I doubt they'd listen to just one man - perhaps if your good self and a few others, as well as myself, got in touch with them, they'd be more likely to add Primus (and do it more quickly).
    Fasthosts ruined my life
  • Heinz
    Options
    It comes up as a recommendation on the uswitch.com comparison website!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 10 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.7K Travel & Transport