Pathway hgv training

Options
Can anyone tell me what has happened to this company as they seem to have dissapeared and taken my money with them:mad:

Comments

• crazzychic
    Options
    Sorry to say this but your not the only one they have taken my money and ran too , they are not answering thier phones, emails or faxes anymore so we think they were actually fakes as there is no one at the address given :mad: . I have tried to find out if they have gone into administration but found nothing so far which kinda makes me think scammers .
    I have been in touch with trading standards who passed me onto Consumer Direct as they were too busy taking other complaints about this company so i would give them a call . I have been trying to get through to the sun newspaper to tell them as we found them there (massive big advert) so we asumed they would be legit as the paper would check em out 1st but nothing so far .
    I will keep you up to date if i hear anything from them but i seriously doubt it now :mad: . If you google pathway fraudsters you will find loads of others like us in a similar position .
  • CPJames19
    CPJames19 Posts: 301 Forumite
    edited 26 November 2009 at 5:04PM
    Options
    I noticed these 2 places have the same address. Maybe you could contact the person on the second link to ask if they know anything about the whereabouts of Pathway HGV -

http://www.yell.com/b/Pathway+HGV+Training-LGV+and+HGV+Training-London-EC2A3LU-5995960/index.html

http://www.londononline.co.uk/profiles/88767/
    My advice has no basis more reliable than my own meandering experience.
  • crazzychic
    Options
    Thanks will give this a go , wouldn't of thought of this myself still to upset about loosing all my money :cry: .
  • inmypocketnottheirs
    Options
    Did you pay atleast £100 by either credit card or a visa debit card. If so you are covered by Section 75 of the Consumer Credit Act. This means that you are indemnified by the card issuer, meaning that they are jointly liable to provide you with the service. It doesnt matter if the course was say £5000 and you only paid a deposit of £100 by card, this would mean you are still covered for the full amount. You would simply then call the card company, say that the supplier is not responding to your requests for training and that you would like a charge back for the full amount of the course.

Hope this helps!
    Don't lie, thieve, cheat or steal. The Government do not like the competition.
    The Lord Giveth and the Government Taketh Away.
    I'm sorry, I don't apologise. That's just the way I am. Homer (Simpson)
  • nexuss
    nexuss Posts: 989 Forumite
    Options
    HIGHWAY LGV LIMITED
    9, VIRGINIA HOUSE
    NEWBY PLACE
    LONDON
    ENGLAND
    E14 0EZ
    Company No. 07068393

Date of Incorporation: 06/11/2009
  • nexuss
    Options
    Highway claim to be the best in the country yet they were only set up 6th november 2009 :)
  • Anihilator
    Anihilator Posts: 2,169 Forumite
    Options
    nexuss wrote: »
    Highway claim to be the best in the country yet they were only set up 6th november 2009 :)

No the trading company was.

It could legitimately have been trading as a non Ltd company until then, also you should consider companies can legitimately cease trading and the trade transfer.

There may be questionable morals involved in such transfers if it leaves aggrieved creditors but this website and its posters should be very careful before posting information which is potentially libellous and also that could provoke or facilitate violence.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    There is no hiding place on MSE...:T:T
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • nexuss
    Options
    I know more after a little research ;)
  • Jamas
    Options
    I know more after a little research ;)
    Do tell.... :)

I am another one who has paid over £2k for a full training course and not been able to get through to them for over a week.

All of their phone lines are now 'not in use'

I have ordered my credit card company to do a charge back... Fingers crossed.

:(
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport