benefit bashing threads

Options
There doesn't seem to be a day goes by where there aren't at least a couple of benefit bashing threads in general discussion, usually by those who are most fortunate to have never needed to claim, saying how wrong x.,y and z circumstances are.

I thought this was a money saving forum:money:, not a benefits bashing forum, which general discussion seems to be all about. :confused:

When is this going to stop - or will it go on forever? Is that what MSE has become?
If my typing is pants or I seem partcuarly blunt, please excuse me, it physically hurts to type. :wall: If I seem a bit random and don't make a lot of sense, it may have something to do with the voice recognition software that I'm using!

Comments

• The_Banker_5
    Options
    *****Puts on best Victor Meldrew voice*****

I cannooooootttttttttttt believeeeeeeeeeeeeeee it.
    Nature wants the human race to survive. However, it does not depend on us because we are not its only invention.
  • DaisyFlower
    Options
    Yes its a money saving forum but its also for adults and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Many benefit threads are looking for ways to abuse the system or get the most from tax payers for the least input, not everyone agrees with these "money saving" techniques.

I dont like the PPI, bank charge reclaims etc so I simply dont read those sections of the forum.
  • The_Banker_5
    Options
    Yes its a money saving forum but its also for adults and everyone is entitled to their own opinion. Many benefit threads are looking for ways to abuse the system or get the most from tax payers for the least input, not everyone agrees with these "money saving" techniques.

I dont like the PPI, bank charge reclaims etc so I simply dont read those sections of the forum.

Very true Daisy.
    Nature wants the human race to survive. However, it does not depend on us because we are not its only invention.
  • MORPH3US
    MORPH3US Posts: 4,906 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I think its a case of "if the cap fits, wear it..."

If someons starts a thread slagging off benefit cheats then whats the problem...

If people are claiming what they are allowed to claim that's a different matter.
  • drc
    drc Posts: 2,057 Forumite
    Options
    Why don't you just not read the threads that annoy you? :confused:
  • foxxymynx
    foxxymynx Posts: 1,270 Forumite
    Options
    It's all well and good discussing benefits in the benefits section, but does there really have to be several threads daily in the general discussion section, slagging off anyone who claims any benefit?
    If my typing is pants or I seem partcuarly blunt, please excuse me, it physically hurts to type. :wall: If I seem a bit random and don't make a lot of sense, it may have something to do with the voice recognition software that I'm using!
  • larmy16
    larmy16 Posts: 4,324 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Even on the benefits thread, someone can ask a perfectly reasonable question and then be hounded with sarcasm, judgement and downright nastiness.

Well done.....you just made a probably depressed person feel a thousand times worse about themselves and their situation.
    Grocery Challenge £139/240 until 31/01
    Taking part in Sealed Pot No.819/2011
    Only essentials on Ebay/Amazon

• C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think one must not take such things personally. My view about any forum is that if i can assist with advice,i will offer it. If there is a point of contention,i may challenge it or otherwise throw my views into the mix,and if my views change as a result,i will agree/concede and conisder myself more educated and all the better for the shared experience.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
  • meher
    meher Posts: 15,910 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ignore. Report. Really, the problem lies with posters facilitating those discussions by engaging with those bashing.
  • C_Mababejive
    C_Mababejive Posts: 11,656 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Its not bashing...its a learning experience. It is for those who disagree or feel aggrieved to attempt to educate.
    Feudal Britain needs land reform. 70% of the land is "owned" by 1 % of the population and at least 50% is unregistered (inherited by landed gentry). Thats why your slave box costs so much..
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.5K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.2K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure