13»

Comments

• woody01
    woody01 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    edited 26 May 2010 at 3:56PM
    Options
    ppiddy wrote: »
    :confused:Hi There,
    I wonder if anyone out there can help me? I had a phone call from a company called Bently & co (there E-mail adderss is bentlyco.co.uk) asking the question, had i ever had my credit limil increced & if so they could get my remaining balance written off. They said they could also reclaim any monies i had paid for PPI. they told me they are registed with the ministry of justice. I went as far as to check thier website which does seem to show they are registerd wiht the ministy of justice. I am usualy very cautious but felt this seemed o.k. They told me they would send me documents by return of post to sign & return to them & they would do the rest, & it could take bettween 12-24 weeks to complete the claim.
    I asked how much it would cost me & was told £295.00 per claim.
    As I had 15 different claims this was a total of £4,425.
    I was told this would be added to some of my existing credit cards & would be paid of by the balance write off.
    This all happened on the 29/12/09 as of today I have seen no documentation.
    I did stupidly pay the above amount. Because of the amount involved this I had to spread over three different cards.
    This evening I checked two of my accounts & found the payment had gone to a company call BRYANT & BROWN LTD.
    I checked this companies website but it said under maitenence.
    Ithen did a bit of searching & found this thread
    PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP OR HAVE I BEEN CONNED? HOW CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK? :confused:
    greggy82 wrote: »
    ive had excatly the same problem with this company they are no longer anserin the phone emails are comin back to me as not deliverd!! what am i goin to do?? i paid 995 to get my credit cards wrote off due to miss sold fianace??
    shall i go to the police, tradin standerds? citizens advice? i really need that fee refyning on my card as im gettin in to trouble with my credit cards now some one please help :( x

Irony is a wonderful thing.
    You were trying to con your lenders, and you get stiffed in the process.

Poetic justice for the slow of thought! :T
    gwendodoll wrote: »
    Believe it or not I had the same phone call from bently and co - they then changed to bryant and brown - I paid them £50 to hand over my details to teleprospects and we got 1500 quid back!!!! bit worried to do credit cards though!!! too much to hand out in first instance!
    BS!
  • ess0two
    ess0two Posts: 3,606 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Heard it all claiming to have a balance wiped because the credit limit has been upped.
    People need to take stock of the situation and their own actions.
    Official MR B fan club,dont go............................
  • BigAndy_79
    BigAndy_79 Posts: 569 Forumite
    Options
    ess0two wrote: »
    Heard it all; claiming to have a balance wiped because the credit limit has been upped.
    People need to take stock of the situation and their own actions.

When you think about it, I'm sure a lot of folk jumped at the chance of their being an opportunity to claim on this, without sadly thinking about the fact that it could only be a scam. Scumbags, tbh.
  • woody01
    woody01 Posts: 1,918 Forumite
    Options
    BigAndy_79 wrote: »
    When you think about it, I'm sure a lot of folk jumped at the chance of their being an opportunity to claim on this, without sadly thinking about the fact that it could only be a scam. Scumbags, tbh.
    Only the PARTICULARLY stupid ones....serves them right!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure