Options
    cifpower wrote: »
    It's actually a Ministry but let's not split hairs :D

yes but the DOJ is a mega US thing
  • dzug1
    dzug1 Posts: 13,535 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Yes - but there's also a private company in the UK called the Ministry of Justice - probbaly just cashing in on the name.
  • izools
    izools Posts: 7,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    My bad, ministry of justice it is then (snips split hair out)
    Cashback Earned ¦ Nectar Points £68 ¦ Natoinwide Select £62 ¦ Aqua Reward £100 ¦ Amex Platinum £48
  • gwendodoll
    Options
    Hi all, just had a phone call from a guy at Bryant and Brown saying they have been instructed by the Department for justice(haven't checked yet to see if these are real) to call people who have taken out a credit card since 2001, saying that if any credit card company has uped your limit because your a good customer or whatever without agreeing this with you than this is mis-selling and your entitled to wipe off the remaining balance, or possibly claim money back from previous ones.

Just wondering if anyone else have heard of this???? They have a website which explains everything, still no the wiser though.:rolleyes:

stephen

Believe it or not I had the same phone call from bently and co - they then changed to bryant and brown - I paid them £50 to hand over my details to teleprospects and we got 1500 quid back!!!! bit worried to do credit cards though!!! too much to hand out in first instance!
  • Toomuchdebt
    Toomuchdebt Posts: 2,128 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Funny how it's always people posting their first post who have good experiences with these companies.LOL
    Debts Jan 2014 £20,108.34 :eek:

EF #70 £0/£1000

SW 1st 4lbs
  • greggy82
    Options
    ring them up and get a refund!!!!

ive had excatly the same problem with this company they are no longer anserin the phone emails are comin back to me as not deliverd!! what am i goin to do?? i paid 995 to get my credit cards wrote off due to miss sold fianace??
    shall i go to the police, tradin standerds? citizens advice? i really need that fee refyning on my card as im gettin in to trouble with my credit cards now some one please help :( x
  • greggy82
    Options
    ppiddy wrote: »
    :confused:Hi There,
    I wonder if anyone out there can help me? I had a phone call from a company called Bently & co (there E-mail adderss is bentlyco.co.uk) asking the question, had i ever had my credit limil increced & if so they could get my remaining balance written off. They said they could also reclaim any monies i had paid for PPI. they told me they are registed with the ministry of justice. I went as far as to check thier website which does seem to show they are registerd wiht the ministy of justice. I am usualy very cautious but felt this seemed o.k. They told me they would send me documents by return of post to sign & return to them & they would do the rest, & it could take bettween 12-24 weeks to complete the claim.
    I asked how much it would cost me & was told £295.00 per claim.
    As I had 15 different claims this was a total of £4,425.
    I was told this would be added to some of my existing credit cards & would be paid of by the balance write off.
    This all happened on the 29/12/09 as of today I have seen no documentation.
    I did stupidly pay the above amount. Because of the amount involved this I had to spread over three different cards.
    This evening I checked two of my accounts & found the payment had gone to a company call BRYANT & BROWN LTD.
    I checked this companies website but it said under maitenence.
    Ithen did a bit of searching & found this thread
    PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP OR HAVE I BEEN CONNED? HOW CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK? :confused:
    ive had exactly the same problems with this company they are no longer answerin the phone and my emails are being returnd to me as not deliverd!! i paid 995 on my card to get my credit cards wrote off due to miss sold finace?? oh no what do we do now to try get our money back? sulrey we should be able to report this company to some one? police? trading standerds or our banks??
    im gettin in to trouble now with my cards someone please help and tell me where to go from here :( xx
  • ILW
    ILW Posts: 18,333 Forumite
    Options
    ppiddy wrote: »
    :confused:Hi There,
    I wonder if anyone out there can help me? I had a phone call from a company called Bently & co (there E-mail adderss is bentlyco.co.uk) asking the question, had i ever had my credit limil increced & if so they could get my remaining balance written off. They said they could also reclaim any monies i had paid for PPI. they told me they are registed with the ministry of justice. I went as far as to check thier website which does seem to show they are registerd wiht the ministy of justice. I am usualy very cautious but felt this seemed o.k. They told me they would send me documents by return of post to sign & return to them & they would do the rest, & it could take bettween 12-24 weeks to complete the claim.
    I asked how much it would cost me & was told £295.00 per claim.
    As I had 15 different claims this was a total of £4,425.
    I was told this would be added to some of my existing credit cards & would be paid of by the balance write off.
    This all happened on the 29/12/09 as of today I have seen no documentation.
    I did stupidly pay the above amount. Because of the amount involved this I had to spread over three different cards.
    This evening I checked two of my accounts & found the payment had gone to a company call BRYANT & BROWN LTD.
    I checked this companies website but it said under maitenence.
    Ithen did a bit of searching & found this thread
    PLEASE CAN ANYONE HELP OR HAVE I BEEN CONNED? HOW CAN I GET MY MONEY BACK? :confused:

You could be charged with fraud. ie. borrowing money which you had no intention of repaying.
  • ElkyElky
    ElkyElky Posts: 2,459 Forumite
    Options
    lol People can be so unbelievably thick.
    We’ve had to remove your signature. Please check the Forum Rules if you’re unsure why it’s been removed and, if still unsure, email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure