IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

MSE News: Rail fares to rise in January

in Motoring
16 replies 1.5K views
2»

Replies

• I am sorry KeithP... I was replying to Geordie.

He asked where and to i was travelling and i have responded.

Did you wish some further information?

Tyger
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    30.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Forumite
    Oops... sorry. Lost track of the thread. My apologies. :o
  • Tygermoth wrote: »
    I travel from Basingstoke to Reading return.

Due to the way the timetable/shifts are structured unfortunately I have a 39 min wait after my shift ends at Reading (this i understand is no fault of BR :D)

Due to the present 'unsettled' work climate/locations I can only purchase daily train tickets this comes to £7 per day.

Does that help?

Tyger :o

thats not a bad price though for a round journey thats 24 miles roughly in distance... though i understand the 39 min wait is a bit of a !!!!!!... but can you really state that its mroe economical by car over a year?
    one of the famous 5:kiss:
  • Premier_2Premier_2 Forumite
    15.1K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Regulated fares, which include season tickets, will reduce in price by 0.4% as they are capped at RPI inflation plus 1%, based on July's inflation rate of minus 1.4%.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8362167.stm

Regulated fares make up about 40% of all fares.
    "Now to trolling as a concept. .... Personally, I've always found it a little sad that people choose to spend such a large proportion of their lives in this way but they do, and we have to deal with it." - MSE Forum Manager 6th July 2010
  • Premier wrote: »
    Regulated fares, which include season tickets, will reduce in price by 0.4% as they are capped at RPI inflation plus 1%, based on July's inflation rate of minus 1.4%.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/8362167.stm

Regulated fares make up about 40% of all fares.

Yeah but that sort of info gets in teh way of another good 'Railways are robbing !!!!!!!s' story...
    one of the famous 5:kiss:
  • Well... the train is £7 per day.

With everything included (and i mean everything including the car, the whole years insurance, lessons, L plates down to even including £16.99 for the puncture kit and cost for HPI check) my outcoings are going to be 79.00 per month and calculated on £108.0 petrol and 58 MPG it still is cheaper... 18 miles one way...

(though my maths is lousy lol)

Tyger
    Please note I have a cognitive disability - as such my wording can be a bit off, muddled, misspelt or in some cases i can miss out some words totally...
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Gin, gee-gees & groceries

This week's MSE Forum highlights

Team Blog

2for1 adult tickets to theme parks

Via selected £1-£3 Kellogg's promo packs

MSE Deals