Online divorce ??

Options
13»

Comments

• ruthybabs
    Options
    Doing a DIY divorce myself as trying hard to cling onto the few pennies I have rather than giving them to a solicitor to write down what I say when I can fill forms in myself. just about to apply for directions but been looking into the clean break order thing-does anyone know where I can get the wording for a clean break order and if there is a particular form to complete for this part. No assets, everything sorted between us, just trying to protect future assets.
    Thanks
    Married the man of my dreams May 4th 2012

Wins 2012: 4 X 20E vouchers, multipack of crisps, Vampire T-shirt

Aiming for a holiday or the lottery ;)
  • ox5
    ox5 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hello all, thought i would update you all on DIY Divorce. Its all absolutely painless, however, it helps that everything is amicable between partners. The papaer work is ok to work out once you get used to it. The courts do help you also, they can guide you, and inform you if there are errors etc.

I handed in my petition, within days it was with my ex, we talked it over, i helped her understand what she was signing and pointed out what was been said etc. posted the completed forms off, and again, within days i had the 2nd part come thru, basically, saying that my petition had been signed....i knew that because i had seen that document, but i understand that most divorces can be messy, and either partner may not know when or if a doc had been signed etc. I took this 2nd doc to the court today, swore on the bible to say it was my handwriting etc. now the court will pass it onto a judge to see if the divorce can even go ahead! Unknown to me before i began this process, a judge can turn down your divorce :eek: Not really too sure what may happen next, no doubt i will get a form from the court soon....and i keep my ex informed at all times about things, everything is amicable, it has to be, for our daughters sake. :) and that is the most single most important thing in this whole process, our daughter. Me and my ex point blankly refuse to argue etc in front of her, i know other couples may not be able to do this, but if you can, YOU MUST.:beer:

Anyway, to all those out there that have done this DIY, how do i go about getting a "Financial Consent Order" is there a doc i get from the courts, or do i indeed have to go via a solicitor :( ???

Thanks..........more updates later.
    :hello: lock n load.... Go San Francisco Giants!!!
  • ox5
    ox5 Posts: 32 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    **************bump******************
    :hello: lock n load.... Go San Francisco Giants!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure