Alton Towers Bargain Break!

Options

Comments

• jellyhead
    jellyhead Posts: 21,555 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    from what i can make out from the website the spa is completely separate from the waterpark, it's more of an adult thing with steam room, jacuzzi etc.

hubby found this list of the rides open:
    Oblivion
    Black Hole
    Enterprise
    Doodle Doo Derby
    Tractor Ride
    Ribena Berry Bish Bash
    Squirrel Nutty
    Beastie

it does sound too good to be true really, it barely costs any more than a night in a holiday inn or travelodge.

i suppose they will make money on food and merchandise though, i don't know if they will open the cheap eateries when the park opens for 4 hours or if you're stuck with paying proper hotel restaurant prices. i'm still really excited though, just waiting for final confirmation of how many rooms we want then booking it today :-)
    52% tight
  • jellyhead
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    i just called. the waterpark is open until 9pm on a friday night and 8pm on a saturday night, you get unlimited time in there. the problem is the only availability they have is for tonight, she said about 60 rooms still available. nothing available for saturday and nothing for the following weekend. bah humbug!!!

they will be doing the same thing the next weekend, the 21/22 jan but it goes up in price to £118 for the room.
    52% tight
  • jellyhead
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    we've booked for tonight, spud will be thrilled when he finds out at hometime :-)

the woman on the phone confirmed that breakfast, 4 hours in the park each and unlimited water park access is all included in the £75 - it really is a great offer.

there's an online booking facility for anyone who wants to check availability and prices for other dates.

thanks ever so much for posting this offer, i don't normally look in the 'trips' board because i'd assume that in england everywhere's closed this time of year. i'm so glad you put it in the other section to begin with, otherwise i'd have missed it :-)
    52% tight
  • frizz_head
    frizz_head Posts: 7,339 Forumite
    Options
    The only availability I can find is for tonight, and being 4 hours drive away, that won't be happening. :'(
    Only 5% of those who can give blood, actually do!
    Do Something Amazing Today.
    Save a Life - Give Blood.:A
    20 pints donated! :j:j
  • Quackers
    Quackers Posts: 10,157 Forumite
    Options
    hubby looked on his roller coaster forum (boys eh!!  ::) )
    there's also ribenaberrybash, tractor ride (one for the younger kids i assume), squirrel nutty ride (again for younger kids but great fun lol!). i can't remember what else, i think there were less than ten rides in the list. still looks like a good day out though. my 8 year old desperately wants to stay in the hotel and waterpark but we only live a 45 minute drive from alton towers, plus it's more expensive than disneyland paris hotels lol! they charge £10 each for waterpark access alone so if the waterpark and the 4 hours in the park itself are included in this £75 charge then it's a fantastic deal :-)

We only live 45 mins from Alton towers too :o ;D

Its a shame that I work weekends. :(

Have a fantastic time Bargain Bunny. And dont forget to come back and tell us what the waterpark was like so I can decide whether to go - my girls are 12 & 10 so you can let me know if it'd be good :-*

And have a go in the Ribena Bish bash for me - we discovered it last year when it was raining and I thought it was the best thing ever ;D ;D ;D
    Sometimes it's important to work for that pot of gold...But other times it's essential to take time off and to make sure that your most important decision in the day simply consists of choosing which color to slide down on the rainbow...
  • emh_2
    emh_2 Posts: 137 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I can vouch for this place, I was there just 2 weeks ago and it trully is fantastic!!

we went on a 'santa's sleepover' which was £120 for 2 adults and 2 kids, we got dinner, breakfast, a visit to santa (and decent pressie), a panto and access to the water park and it was worth every penny. The alton towers hotel is better in my opinion than the splash landings hotel if you get a choice. We didn't have access to the rides because it was a xmas special, but with 2 under 4 we didn't miss anything. The staff were brilliant considering they had about 2000 children over the space of 2 days. The water park is fun and caters for all ages. The spa is seperate, but the water park has a jacuzzi etc. Very magical place for young and old.

Will be booking for next xmas... and now looking for a babysitter to take advantage of this latest offer!!
  • jellyhead
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    we had a fantastic time! hubby was chuffed to see a bit of 'rita' in the car park, he got piccies of ciaran climbing on it.

the rooms were fab, we were in the alton towers hotel. it looked like it had been re-done very recently, it was very clean and new looking. it has a 'discovery' theme with great pics on the wall, bedspread, carpets etc. and they also have a big teddy bear for you to use while you're there, it's 'baby bear', you also get to meet baby bear (a man in a costume) during entertainments throughout the day in the hotels. it's a bit disney really, the hotel rooms are better than disney. we also got 2 alton towers swim bags on the bunk beds containing some top trumps cards (only 7 in a pack though, more for information than for having a game) and postcards and stuff. the TV has sky channels and some free games but our games didn't work. the two hotels are joined, the pool is in the middle and you can get to it from both hotels without having to go outside.

we went into splash landings hotel but didn't see the bedrooms. we preferred the entertainments area in the alton towers hotel anyhow, besides which splash landings stinks of bleach - as soon as you walk into the lobby the smell of swimming pool hits you. i'd have an asthma attack if we stayed there lol! we weren't expecting evening entertainment. it was great. dancers and discos in the evening (we were in the pool until they kicked us out at 9pm). there's a 'pirate ship' stage for the dancers and DJ. there's also another bloke in a costume called pirate bill if you're into that kind of thing, we didn't see him though.

the 4 hours in the park were a bit of a letdown i suppose - the wind was terrible! we were frozen after less than an hour and hurried back to the swimming pool! oblivion was off due to the wind, enterprise was on and off and the black hole kept breaking! we wanted to go on it because they're getting rid of it next month. we managed to get on it. other than that it was baby rides and the fabulous bishbash. i noticed in the brochure that they had a different selection of rides open in november, a better adult selection but not much for kids.

cariba creek is fantastic. lots of areas where other people can drench you from above, and a hut that tips over when its full, the wave is enormous, it just pours down on you, everyone loved that. you can go on the water slides if you're 1.1m but i wouldn't let a child under about ten years old go on a single tyre. they have lots of double tyres. they have rapids, the only thing they don't have is a wave pool. there's a warm jacuzzi and an outside area. it's hot in there, quite tropical. i'd say that 12 year olds would still enjoy it yes. i took a 21 year old and she behaved like a child lol! there was a woman in the jacuzzi who'd brought a load of 11 year olds for her daughters birthday and they all loved it.

despite living close enough to drive there (but i'm always sick in the village) i'd go again, it was a really nice break. a nice touch that the 21 year old liked was the ride photo on the big water coaster in the pool. you get a wristband with a barcode on, and scan your bar code after you get off the ride if you want your photo to be held on computer for you to buy in the shop. they are very strict and you can't buy a photo of a child if you don't have the child with you, so even if you lose your wristband nobody else can get your photo.

right, i'll stop rambling now :-)
    52% tight
  • frizz_head
    frizz_head Posts: 7,339 Forumite
    Options
    Sounds fantastic bargainbunny! Will keeping watching this board for other Alton Towers offers. Looks like all the weekend offers were snapped up very quickly.
    Only 5% of those who can give blood, actually do!
    Do Something Amazing Today.
    Save a Life - Give Blood.:A
    20 pints donated! :j:j
  • jellyhead
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    they are doing the same thing throughout january but the price goes up to £118 i think. try checking the prices and availability on their website :-)
    52% tight
  • andyd
    andyd Posts: 112 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Thanks a lot for this offer ;D

Booked at lunchtime today for this Sat night. Great deal at 75 quid.

Think i got the last room for Sat night but there were a few rooms left for Fri night when i enquired so you may be lucky.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure