3 mobiles at Superdrug

Options
kiwigirl
kiwigirl Posts: 383 Forumite
Hi Everyone

Has anyone got the phones on offer at Superdrug, the girl I spoke with today didn't really say many favourable things about them.

All I want is to get a cheap phone for my mum as an emergency, I have an O2 sim but don't know if you can change the sims around on this type of phone and the girl in shop had no idea nor another one to try out either.

Anyone had any dealings?

Comments

• drahcir_2
    drahcir_2 Posts: 4,127 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    depends on the model?
    all phones can be unlocked but not many for free
  • stanmoresaver
    stanmoresaver Posts: 614 Forumite
    Options
    kiwigirl wrote:
    Hi Everyone

Has anyone got the phones on offer at Superdrug, the girl I spoke with today didn't really say many favourable things about them.

All I want is to get a cheap phone for my mum as an emergency, I have an O2 sim but don't know if you can change the sims around on this type of phone and the girl in shop had no idea nor another one to try out either.

Anyone had any dealings?

You will not be able to use an O2 sim in a 3 Phone- it's a different technology-

HTH.

SS
    I am a fee charging WoM Mortgage broker.
    I now no longer give information and opinion within the Mortgage boards, because a number of posters who, having approached me professionally, agreed my fee-which has been been made very clear at the outset, taken my advice (normally cancelling a [home visit] meeting at short notice) have then approached one of the fee-free brokers on here to arrange the very same deal I have advised.
    Whilst I totally concur with the ethos of "money saving"- abusing the goodwill of a professional who provides a quality service is taking it too far! :mad:
  • kiwigirl
    kiwigirl Posts: 383 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks - may give them a miss then.
  • GeoThermal
    GeoThermal Posts: 682 Forumite
    Options
    Are you sure? I used an O2 sim in a 3 Motorola A835. I think 3 have/tried to lock out the option to use other sims but it isn't because they are different technology. It is probably more to do with them not wanting to subsidise phones that could be used on another network instead of their own.
  • itsfrommark
    itsfrommark Posts: 106 Forumite
    Options
    don't forget Superdrug have 10% off all until September- if you sign up online and print off their voucher...mark
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure