PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

What is in your lunch box today?

Options

Comments

• Rebekah24
    Options
    I tend to eat in the evenings so I just take 2 scoops protein powder in my shaker. At work we keep cuppa soup, 10 cal soup and crackers ..so theres always something if you fancy a bite

Soup is always a good bet this time of year!
    OU Law student
    May Grocery challenge
    £30/ £11
  • Primrose
    Primrose Posts: 10,633 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    No longer working but regularly used to make lunch boxes with salads made up with tinned beans of various varieties (borlotti, haricot, red kidney, butter beans) mixed with chopped celery, carrots, red peppers, tomatoes, chopped hard boiled eggs, ham, etc. with a little mayonnaise dressing. Some nice crispy garlic croutons sprinkled over the top just before eating are nice too.
    You can make cold pasta salads in the same way but I found the beans made a nicer texture.
  • funkymonkey849
    Options
    I always find my salads go limp and manky, even when I leave the dressing off :(
  • greenbee
    greenbee Posts: 16,225 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Left over cold pasta, smoked tofu with sesame seeds, alfalfa sprouts, radishes, cucumber, chopped tomato, chopped little gem lettuce
  • Ivrytwr3
    Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,284 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    nothing!! I've just eaten it!
  • timmmers
    timmmers Posts: 3,743 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    I used to take hotdogs to work with onions in a flask, drain them and add to buns with mustard and ketchup :rotfl:

I will never grow out of hotdogs :rolleyes:

Thos big Lidl bockwurst work well for this or any similar in a jar.

t
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure - MSE ForumTeam
  • Mrs_Thrify
    Mrs_Thrify Posts: 1,673 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Not working today but on another day would take wholemeal bread rolls, Lock & lock box with mixed fresh fruit in, bag of crisps and sometimes a slice of home made cake.To drink lemmon squash and a flask of coffee for lunch time.
    If winter comes, can spring be far behind?
    Spring begins on 21st March.
  • Tish_P
    Tish_P Posts: 812 Forumite
    Options
    Soup! We have a microwave so I bring it in a lock&lock container. They've never leaked yet! This week's soup is pumpkin, carrot, lentil and onion, very gently spiced with caraway and coriander and nutmeg. I make a whole week's worth of soup or bean salad most weekends, portion it out into the containers and take one out of the fridge every morning.

If we didn't have a microwave at work, I'd stick to salads 'cos I'm too crap in the morning even to heat up soup.
  • bigsmoke
    bigsmoke Posts: 281 Forumite
    Options
    well, i thought it was chunky vegetable soup, but when i defrosted it it turned out to be pasta with veggie mince bolognese.

still yummy!

(we have a microwave and toaster at work too - really lucky)
  • focus888
    focus888 Posts: 1,483 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Today ive got cornbeef sandwiches with a packet of salt and vinegar crisps :o but the past couple of days i made a chicken pesto pasta which i brought in and heated up in microwave. Tasted nicer than the cafe and so much more cheaper :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.8K Travel & Transport