Black & White film processing

Options
So sorry if this is in the wrong place but searched to no avail so far.

I'm looking for the cheapest place to get black and white film processed. It doesn't even have to be printed just put on CD. I'm talking about proper b&w film not the C41 type that can go through colour processing at boots or other mini lab. Boots do it as they send it away but it's quite expensive, takes ages and they don't put on CD. Asda now only do the C41 type (like XP2 film).

I would process it myself (as I am a photographer-ish) but do not have the time at the moment.

If anyone can offer anything at all I'd be really grateful as I dont want to have to give up my B&W passion!!!!! Or pay £12 per roll at Metro in London!

Thanks I'll owe you a beer :beer:

Comments

• highguyuk
    highguyuk Posts: 2,763 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Some of the smaller independant shops offer photo processing, but obviously don't do it themselves! They send the films off to Kodak, who can obviously process all types of film for a price!

Savers is one place I know of that do send them to Kodak, maybe a local chemist etc may do as well. Just pop in and ask what they will charge!
  • melancholly
    melancholly Posts: 7,457 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Just a word of warning - I put a B&W film in at boots with holiday photos on and they put it through the colour machine by mistake (even though I told them it probably needed to be sent away!).... so it was ruined and i lost the photos.

They offered me a free replacement film as compensation - but I sent some very annoyed letters to them and ended up with £300 instead (which is a lot less than paying for me to return to S. America to re-take the photos!).

I haven't used boots for processing since!

This company seems like a possibility - it's expensive (but B&W always is!) but they do put it on CD:
    http://www.monochrome-express.co.uk/default.htm
    :happyhear
  • The_Bazster
    Options
    Boots have lost my disposable camera which I handed in for processing.
    Anyone else had problem and did your prints turn up?

Re compensation I have only been offered free film/processing - not very generous considering they have lost my photographs - any tips?
  • Glad
    Glad Posts: 18,865 Senior Ambassador
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Hi, Martin’s asked me to post this in these circumstances: I’ve asked Board Guides to move threads if they’ll receive a better response elsewhere (please see this rule) so this post/thread has been moved to another board, where it should get more replies. If you have any questions about this policy please email [EMAIL="abuse@moneysavingexpert.com"]abuse@moneysavingexpert.com[/EMAIL] :)
    I am a Senior Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the Wales, Small Biz MoneySaving, In My Home (includes DIY) MoneySaving, and Old style MoneySaving boards. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure