Options

Comments

• Pete111
    Pete111 Posts: 5,333 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    aj2703 wrote: »
    What a stupid post.

Actually if that was what the OP was asking (they have since clarified and it is not but this was initially unclear) then that post would be on the money.

Harsh perhaps, but fair.
    Go round the green binbags. Turn right at the mouldy George Elliot, forward, forward, and turn left....at the dead badger
  • aj2703
    aj2703 Posts: 876 Forumite
    Options
    Pete111 wrote: »
    Actually if that was what the OP was asking (they have since clarified and it is not but this was initially unclear) then that post would be on the money.

Harsh perhaps, but fair.

Not really, posting blind without the full facts racks of stupidity. The obvious reply would have been to ask for more information or not reply at all...
  • Pete111
    Pete111 Posts: 5,333 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    Not really, posting blind without the full facts racks of stupidity. The obvious reply would have been to ask for more information or not reply at all...

Goodness how very dull...
    Go round the green binbags. Turn right at the mouldy George Elliot, forward, forward, and turn left....at the dead badger
  • Zazen999
    Zazen999 Posts: 6,183 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options

You could say that about - ooh - 100% of the threads on here. :eek:
  • aj2703
    Options
    Pete111 wrote: »
    Goodness how very dull...

Yep.....................
  • aj2703
    Options
    Zazen999 wrote: »
    You could say that about - ooh - 100% of the threads on here. :eek:

Not quite...............
  • Credit_Jake
    Options
    bendix wrote: »
    What are your RIGHTS?

What on earth do you mean? In case you hadn't noticed, there are nearly 3 million people registered as unemployed. There are an estimated one million extra people who have lost jobs this year but are too proud to sign on. There are 2.5 million on incapacity benefit.

With the other under-employed and people on the fringes of society, best estimates are that there could be as many as 8 million people without jobs.

And you are asking about your 'rights' because your workplace is being relocated 400 yards away?

What are you expecting? A company car? A segway? Personalised transport in a hand-held buggy drawn by two handsome guys?

!!!!!! . . modern Britain and its 'culture of me entitlements'!

How rude and totally uncalled for. This person only wanted some help, sure they didn't provide alot of information but all you needed to do is ask some questions to get some more detail. Or maybe not bother posting which I think would have been a much better idea.
  • axomoxia
    axomoxia Posts: 282 Forumite
    Options
    Am I correct in think that OP has a quite justifiable concern that his employer may be using the office move as a way of reducing headcount without the usual reduancy \ consultation process?
  • elfen
    elfen Posts: 10,213 Forumite
    Options
    If they're building a new office from 2011 onwards, you might not have to worry until then. As such, they may not have any plans about headcount reduction/redundancy until it's either finished or they have secure plans about the number and types of offices/workspace yardage til then.
    ** Total debt: £6950.82 ± May NSDs 1/10 **
    ** Fat Bum Shrinking: -7/56lbs **
    **SPC 2012 #1498 -£152 and 1499 ***
    I do it all because I'm scared.
  • RobertoMoir
    RobertoMoir Posts: 3,458 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    axomoxia wrote: »
    Am I correct in think that OP has a quite justifiable concern that his employer may be using the office move as a way of reducing headcount without the usual reduancy \ consultation process?

Well possibly, but its kinda hard to tell what they meant as I don't have my crystal ball with me this month.
    If you don't stand for something, you'll fall for anything
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport