Is she giving me mixed signals or not??

Options

Comments

• Caroline73_2
    Options
    Tinuel wrote: »
    Hi,
    so I asked her, can we at least make a commitment to one another? Let’s treat this as dating, at first she said no, second time no, third time maybe.

There is a guy, I think getting too close to her too. I asked her, has he tried to chat you up? Is he flirting? She got really angry and said that I should not be asking this stuff; we are not together so why are you asking? Etc, etc.

What do you guys think, I said it because I feel half-way, sometimes she wants, sometimes she does not want. That is confusing to me. I tried to explain that by talking to her about my concern, I meant no offence or doubting her love, but she won’t talk to me ever again, she said.

I agree that she is sending you mixed signals but I wonder if it because you feel half-way, you are pressuring (in her eyes) her to make a decision either way.

She said no twice and you asked a third time and she said maybe - could that have been to stop you asking? And then you questioned the intentions of a man who YOU felt was getting too close. Whether he is too close is her decison not yours.

Take a step back - set them free and if they come back they are yours (so they say)
  • Tinuel
    Tinuel Posts: 392 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Ok, she sent a mail this morning:

"Are you having feelings for someone else?
    I told you when I left the UK that we should take thing slowly... That is what I am doing, yes I agree that it may look slow steps but to me they are big steps. But I don't feel you have the right to be mid-way, and I am sorry if I have played with your feelings.
    You deserve all you can get. At the moment, I am too focused on my career and masters degree and I confess I am afraid of taking the big step of jump into a relationship with you or anyone else. If I could, for your well being, I would just leave your life altogether.

I love you but it's a mature love, it's a love I won't feel for anyone else again but I need passion and that we do not have. I am being as honest as I can

x"
    Member 7 of 100 to 10k - £100 to £10k = £149
  • Zoetoes
    Zoetoes Posts: 2,496 Forumite
    Options
    You have your answer. Start afresh, everything happens for a reason. X
    If you're going to stalk me, while you're at it can you cut the grass, feed the dog & make sure I've got bread & milk in :D
  • BitterAndTwisted
    Options
    Well, it sounds like you've now had what appears to be a honest answer and I'm sorry if that was not the answer you wanted. For "passion" I'm reading sexual attraction. Harsh to be told that we're not sexually attractive to someone we want to be with but that appears to be that.

At least she hasn't said that she loathes the very thought of you, so you might be able to have a decent, friendly relationship for the sake of your child.
  • Ivrytwr3
    Ivrytwr3 Posts: 6,282 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    Sorry to say it mate, but she's banging for England out there.

My best advice would be for you to either:

a. Shag her mum

b. Shag her sister

c. Both mum and sister

d. Suit up, get down to your local bar and have some dirty, dirty sex.

And move on...........
  • Zoetoes
    Options
    Ivrytwr3 wrote: »
    Sorry to say it mate, but she's banging for England out there.

My best advice would be for you to either:

a. Shag her mum

b. Shag her sister

c. Both mum and sister

d. Suit up, get down to your local bar and have some dirty, dirty sex.

And move on...........

I would pass on a, b and c if I were you.
    If you're going to stalk me, while you're at it can you cut the grass, feed the dog & make sure I've got bread & milk in :D
  • Ivrytwr3
    Options
    why? Are the mum and sister munters?
  • Tom1234
    Tom1234 Posts: 109 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think you have your answer there. Move on - it's !!!! now, but it'll be better in time.

As they say - Time heals all wounds.
  • Zoetoes
    Options
    Ivrytwr3 wrote: »
    why? Are the mum and sister munters?

No idea I just thought d sounded the best!

Seriously though, OP is a bit upset at the moment.

OP - at least you're not wondering anymore, you know now to be happy with your own life and have fun!
  • Ivrytwr3
    Options
    I know, it's just so obvious when you are looking in from the outside. And it's so annoying when someone obviously cares about someone an dthat other person doesn't have the decency to be straight with them and just keeps them holding on................Grrrrr!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure