O2 Retentions Dept.

Options
derrybhoy
derrybhoy Posts: 52 Forumite
Rang up O2 Retentions and asked for my PAC code. When asked why I wanted it I said that I was going to cancel my contract and either change to PAYG or try and get a better contract as I felt my current deal wasnt good enough.

She said I should go out and look for a phone and ring her back and she'll find a better deal.

Does anyone know of any really good offers that I can go back to her with. I am currently on the 100 anytime mins and 100 texts for £15. I think I have a great deal for the money Im paying but would like more texts. Im also interested in the V630i.

Cheers

Comments

• matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    derrybhoy wrote:
    Rang up O2 Retentions and asked for my PAC code. When asked why I wanted it I said that I was going to cancel my contract and either change to PAYG or try and get a better contract as I felt my current deal wasnt good enough.

She said I should go out and look for a phone and ring her back and she'll find a better deal.

Does anyone know of any really good offers that I can go back to her with. I am currently on the 100 anytime mins and 100 texts for £15. I think I have a great deal for the money Im paying but would like more texts. Im also interested in the V630i.

Cheers

Have a look at this thread for help and advice

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=74041
  • moneytalks
    moneytalks Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    matrix999 wrote:
    Have a look at this thread for help and advice

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.html?t=74041

I rang up o2 as my contract is ending next week,they could not offer me anything that interested me.I got a new contract and phone through redemption went through Quidco as well.
  • matrix999
    matrix999 Posts: 1,537 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    moneytalks wrote:
    I rang up o2 as my contract is ending next week,they could not offer me anything that interested me.I got a new contract and phone through redemption went through Quidco as well.

How many times did you call the retentions dept? Where did you get your O2 contract from?
  • moneytalks
    moneytalks Posts: 127 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    matrix999 wrote:
    How many times did you call the retentions dept? Where did you get your O2 contract from?

Hi

I contacted them 2-3 times and all they could offer was line rental for £15,I got the phone through Mobileshop.
  • meandu229
    meandu229 Posts: 180 Forumite
    Options
    derry boy just make up your dream contract,, dont go too far though and say like three rang you up with it
  • chmaiden
    chmaiden Posts: 116 Forumite
    Options
    whats the number for O2 retentions?
    cymru am byth! lick up the reggae!
  • Rev
    Rev Posts: 3,150 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    0800 0288151

thats the free number
    Sigless
  • derrybhoy
    Options
    Just rang them there.

Didnt get very far! They weren't prepared to give me the phone for free (Song Ericsson W810i). Said they could give it to me for £89.99 and I could also keep the same contract. He offered me the Sony Ericsson K750i which is a good phone but not as attractive at the W810i.

Dunno what Im gonna do now, told him Id think about it and ring them back tomorrow.

:confused:
  • arkwright01
    arkwright01 Posts: 68 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I rang them last week as my contract ends next month and spoke to a very nice lady. I got offered the 100 mins and 100 texts for £15. This seemed great as I'm currently on the o2 25 package which only has 25 mins and 25 texts for £16 - a four-fold increase for a pound less!

I wanted a SE W810i and she said it would be £89.99. I said I'd look elsewhere and she put me on hold while she asked a supervisor. She came back and said I could have it for £39.99 but wouldn't budge on that so I accepted.

I could have had a SE K750I for free but I wanted a 810i!

In the end I think I got the best deal that they were prepared to offer as I'm a very low spender. The stories of people being able to negotiate deals of 500 mins for £15 are fine but I think it's because they've spent so much more previously.
  • derrybhoy
    Options
    I rang them last week as my contract ends next month and spoke to a very nice lady. I got offered the 100 mins and 100 texts for £15. This seemed great as I'm currently on the o2 25 package which only has 25 mins and 25 texts for £16 - a four-fold increase for a pound less!

I wanted a SE W810i and she said it would be £89.99. I said I'd look elsewhere and she put me on hold while she asked a supervisor. She came back and said I could have it for £39.99 but wouldn't budge on that so I accepted.

I could have had a SE K750I for free but I wanted a 810i!

In the end I think I got the best deal that they were prepared to offer as I'm a very low spender. The stories of people being able to negotiate deals of 500 mins for £15 are fine but I think it's because they've spent so much more previously.

I rang back after that mate and got the exact same deal. Asked for £89.99 then I got her down to £39.99. Great deal. Im well chuffed with that. :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure