My experience...John Lewis

Options
Having decided that I was going to buy a Panasonic TX P42G10B telly I went on the John Lewis website to order it cos it is with a free 5 year guarantee. I filled in all the usual stuff including delivery choice. There is a section that says that there is free standard delivery but the next delivery is November 10th, As I am off work til next Thursday I decided to go for another delivery option which is £6.95 for a choice of delivery dates...so I went for Monday 2 November cos I'm still off work then.

When I got to the last page it stated that it was standard delivery on 10th November!...puzzled by this I went back to fill the delivery bit in again but the £6.95 pick your date option had disappeared!...so I phoned up John Lewis...

I explained to the guy about delivery etc and he said he could do it over the phone, so thats what we did...then he said that I dont have to pay the £6.95 delivery cos standard delivery can be done on Monday 2nd...nice I thought!

we went through the sales procedure...card number etc...then at the end he said that he would go through it all again...Panasonic telly ...card number...delivery date...10 November!!..er no..thats what the call is about...I need the 2nd November

Thats not an option according to my screen says JL man...well, like I explained earlier at the start of this call, it was an option but then it disappeared..

no he says...but we can do express delivery at £19.95 for 2nd November

sigh...ok I'll do that then

right lets go through all that again...panasonic telly...card number...delivery date...ok do you want to proceed

yes please

silence from JL man

a bit more silence

er sorry...that product is out of stock!!...:eek:

I tells him that I'm looking at the JL website and its saying that it is in stock

no my computer is saying out of stock

end of conversation

you've got to laugh

Comments

This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business