sort of a rant, so called free Sky+HD box

2»

Comments

• DCFC79
    DCFC79 Posts: 40,598 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    st999 wrote: »
    Just before I put the latest Sky mag into the recycling bin I noticed the FREE SKY+HD BOX deal on the front cover.

Yeh right!

£2 per WEEK to upgrade to Sky movies, HD pack £10 per month and £30 set up fee.

So to get a FREE SKY+HD BOX it will cost me £254.

I don't think I'll bother, considering my old CRT telly can't show HD anyway. And I still think my picture looks better than an LCD telly

Stan

was it not in the t&c's about the fees
  • Lip_Stick
    Lip_Stick Posts: 2,415 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    viktory wrote: »
    Yes, it definately makes a difference. The clarity is stunning. We always choose HD where possible.

Slightly off topic but having Sky+ is brilliant. I love being able to record, pause and rewind TV - great if you need to make a cup of tea or go to the loo. Plus, if you have paused a programme, you can then use that time to fast forward the adverts. Brilliant!

My Sky+ HD box only cost £50 as Sky were doing a deal, (and no, I was not a new customer) plus an additional £10 per month on top of my usual £22 per month (I have the basic package with no movies or sport and I see no need for either). Excellent value in my opinion.

I can do all that on my freeview recorder, at a fraction of the cost. ;)
    There's a storm coming, Mr Johnson. You and your friends better batten down the hatches, because when it hits, you're all gonna wonder how you ever thought you could live so large and leave so little for the rest of us.
  • juliescot
    juliescot Posts: 1,433 Forumite
    Lip_Stick wrote: »
    I can do all that on my freeview recorder, at a fraction of the cost. ;)

True but you will not get HD on Freeview (currently)
  • st999
    st999 Posts: 1,574 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    was it not in the t&c's about the fees

Of course it was, where do you think I got the figures in my post from?

I was moaning about the fact that on the front of the sky mag it says FREE sky+HD box but to get it it will cost £254.

My friend gets free phone calls and millions of free texts with his mobile for £30 per month, How is that free?

If it was really free he would not pay anything a month.

Another friend gets free calls with his Virgin line yet he pays more than me per month for his internet and free calls than I pay for my internet and I pay for my calls.

Nothing is free.

Stan
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173K Life & Family