help, o2 llu switch to bethere

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
12 replies 1.7K views
stokefanstokefan Forumite
790 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Broadband & Internet Access
im on the o2 standard llu and have just requested my mac code, now i believe i wont be able to get the cash back from quidco???

also my phone number when i signed up for o2 was different than my current phone number, what will that mean when i apply for bethere???

what do i need to do, with the numbers being different, what will happen if i just sign up as a new user in order to get cashback???

i have rang bethere and there is no record of broadband on my phone number and no record of my old number on there system???

Replies

• stokefan wrote: »
    im on the o2 standard llu and have just requested my mac code, now i believe i wont be able to get the cash back from quidco???

also my phone number when i signed up for o2 was different than my current phone number, what will that mean when i apply for bethere???

what do i need to do, with the numbers being different, what will happen if i just sign up as a new user in order to get cashback???

i have rang bethere and there is no record of broadband on my phone number and no record of my old number on there system???

i am not sure what you are asking, i think the answer you want is

1) yes you can sign up for bethere and get quidco cashback?

Cheers

Sunil
  • stokefanstokefan Forumite
    790 Posts
    sunil1234 wrote: »
    i am not sure what you are asking, i think the answer you want is

1) yes you can sign up for bethere and get quidco cashback?

Cheers

Sunil

cheers, even if i change from o2??? they are the same company.

i mean my line is exactly the same and has broadband on it, but i changed landline number,

im concerned that if i dont tell them i used to be with o2 and give them my mac code i might be without broadband for weeks, or may end up with problems some how???

im just wondering what my best plan of action is???

do i inform them that i have broadband with o2, or just set up a new account with my new landline number??
  • del1001del1001 Forumite
    229 Posts
    stokefan wrote: »
    cheers, even if i change from o2??? they are the same company.

Well not exactly, O2 owns Be* and they use the same equipment, but that's where it ends, they have seperate management, accounting and support teams.

If you use a mac, the changeover should be seamless.
    790 Posts
    what will happen if i just apply with my new number thats not registered as ever having internet on??
  • can anyoe advise???

my problem is that the landline phone number my mac code is associated with is not live anymore (ichanged phone number months ago but never told o2 incase it affected my broadband) so should i start a new account with bethere or give them my mac code when i recieve it???
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    48.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This has come up before, the be and O2 number checkers are linked (or maybe share a database), so if you try to swap then you can't do it online, as it thinks you're already a subscriber.
    I believe you can only do it by phone, therefore Quidco will not be possible. I think a MAC is not needed either, as there is no exchange work required. Effectively you're just swapping over to be billing rather than O2. All the OP needs to do is call be and they should know the correct procedure.
    Curious though as to why the OP is switching, be is no cheaper and speeds will be the same.
    Seems to me that the number change is not that relevant under these circumstances, if the OP supplies be with his O2 account no it should be possible to cross-reference it that way?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
    790 Posts
    macman wrote: »
    This has come up before, the be and O2 number checkers are linked (or maybe share a database), so if you try to swap then you can't do it online, as it thinks you're already a subscriber.
    I believe you can only do it by phone, therefore Quidco will not be possible. I think a MAC is not needed either, as there is no exchange work required. Effectively you're just swapping over to be billing rather than O2. All the OP needs to do is call be and they should know the correct procedure.
    Curious though as to why the OP is switching, be is no cheaper and speeds will be the same.
    Seems to me that the number change is not that relevant under these circumstances, if the OP supplies be with his O2 account no it should be possible to cross-reference it that way?

cheers, be is cheaper for me, £6.74 a month and no need to have an o2 number to get the discounts. as im moving from o2 mobile in december,
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    48.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You better be quick, the half price offer expires tomorrow night (though if anything like O2 they will probably extend it).
    Let us know if this method works.
    790 Posts
    macman wrote: »
    You better be quick, the half price offer expires tomorrow night (though if anything like O2 they will probably extend it).
    Let us know if this method works.

just rang bethere, the woman i spoke to was great, she said that she can extend the offer for me past tommorrow if the mac code doesnt arrive in time.

but then i explained the situation to her (dificult as i dont even understand it :rotfl:)

she said that it would be ok to put it though as a new order, and they would notify me through email if a mac code is needed. (does that sound right)

but now im unsure whether to ring o2 to cancel and tell them i dont need a mac code anymore and just put my order through as new.

that way i will get my quidco too???

just worried that i will get charged for doing it this way??
  • macmanmacman Forumite
    48.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try and put it through online via Quidco as a new order then. If it throws you out you'll have to do it over the phone.
    The MAC just expires in 30 days if it isn't used, it doesn't matter.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

A guide to council tax bands

Lower your band & save £1,000s

MSE Guides

Cinema MoneySaving tips & tricks

Including year's 2for1 movies for £1

MSE Deals