🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

MSE News: Mass refunds for thousands of GMAC mortgage customers

Options

Comments

• gilligansyle
    Options
    GMAC sold my mortgage to Kensington, but they still had a controlling interest of some sort in it. I am no longer with them but have had a letter today saying I am due £108.54

This is for non DD charge when in arrears

repayment charges applied to arrears fees

part of the solicitors fee

Have rung and confirmed my identity, just waiting for the cheque.

Just thought I'd update that as of 31st December still no sign of actual cheque. Will wait until 4th Jan and then ring them as was promised within 28 days of confirming identity.
    Debts at LBM - Mortgages £128497 - non mortgage £27497 Debt now £[STRIKE]114150[/STRIKE][STRIKE]109032[/STRIKE] 64300 (mortgage) Credit cards left 0

"The days pass so fast, let's try to make each one better than the last"
  • gilligansyle
    gilligansyle Posts: 4,124 Forumite
    Options
    Finally received my cheque. I rang them on 4th Jan and they promised to get back to me, rang again on 11th, and it eventually arrived on 19th Jan, so a bit of a delay. Strangely when I rang, it was being authorised that very day!

P.S - its cleared too!
    Debts at LBM - Mortgages £128497 - non mortgage £27497 Debt now £[STRIKE]114150[/STRIKE][STRIKE]109032[/STRIKE] 64300 (mortgage) Credit cards left 0

"The days pass so fast, let's try to make each one better than the last"
  • bekki0405_2
    Options
    I've just called, and been told I'm not entitled, however I fell into arrears so think I am due. I am writing a letter to them to check. Anyone else had this?
    Trying to get out of debt......it's a slow but satisfying road! :j
    Hubby now converted to MSE :beer:
    MEAF charge reclaimed = £50:T
    Energy switch to capped rate + free case of vino
  • harmony13
    Options
    I've been moved from gmac to north yorkshire mortgages, now they are trying to get me off their books by offering a discount of £7000 if I move to another company!!! They have reccommended a company called Thinkpink... Has anyone ever heard of them? I have a self cert mortgage, but 50% equity in my property and I've never missed a payment, why are NYM trying to move me?
  • petebates26
    petebates26 Posts: 142 Forumite
    Options
    I wish Mortgage express would make me an offer like that! :D
  • VIGILANT22
    VIGILANT22 Posts: 2,516 Forumite
    Options
    harmony13 wrote: »
    I've been moved from gmac to north yorkshire mortgages, now they are trying to get me off their books by offering a discount of £7000 if I move to another company!!! They have reccommended a company called Thinkpink... Has anyone ever heard of them? I have a self cert mortgage, but 50% equity in my property and I've never missed a payment, why are NYM trying to move me?

North Yorkshire Mortgages is now a wholly owned subsidiary of Skipton Building Society....and they will want to reduce this mortgage book.

Think Pink are mortgage advisers, but they're not truly whole of market...You can consult with a mortgage advisor of your choice.

Do you have income to support the 50% you require.......
  • VIGILANT22
    Options
    I wish Mortgage express would make me an offer like that! :D

ME have in the past offered incentives for clients to move.........
  • petebates26
    Options
    Not to me they haven't, more's the pity! I must have missed the boat on that one!
  • VIGILANT22
    Options
    Not to me they haven't, more's the pity! I must have missed the boat on that one!

Contact them and ask if they would offer you an incentive to move yr mortgage
  • petebates26
    Options
    To be honest Vigilant, I was just being flippant on an old thread I found!

But I'm a fan of free money as much as the next guy........you reckon it's worth a try?
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 8 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport