🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Is Egypt classed as Europe

Options

Comments

• davidlizard
    davidlizard Posts: 1,582 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Different policies we have held in the past - some have Eygpt down as Africa, others as Europe.

When you have selected a policy provider, you need to check with them - its usually fairly prominent on their websites.
  • esmf73
    esmf73 Posts: 1,784 Forumite
    Options
    Gordie1975 wrote: »
    My Girlfriend and i are off to Sharm in January for 2 weeks all inclusive (£800 from bristol incl transfers in the Aqua blu sharm:p)

Not sure about it being Europe or not - but I'd check. Having been to Cairo it is certainly NOT Europe!! Just wanted to say that if you're off to Sharm you might like to check insurance to make sure you're covered for diving and all the extra lovelies that you can do there.

Enjoy - I'll be dreaming of the sunshine!
    2014 will be all about ME!
    ( well that hasn't happened!!!)
    Mortgage free. Will be debt free in Nov 2014. Credit card £250
  • Lil_Me_2
    Lil_Me_2 Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    Options

There won't usually be a great deal of sunshine in Egypt in January!

HAHAHA you are joking, right??
  • luxor4t
    luxor4t Posts: 11,125 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    esmf73 wrote: »

There won't usually be a great deal of sunshine in Egypt in January!

'Only' 52 - 68 degrees :D
    http://www.tripadvisor.com/Travel-g297555-s208/Sharm-El-Sheikh:Egypt:Weather.And.When.To.Go.html
    I can cook and sew, make flowers grow.
  • nottslass_2
    nottslass_2 Posts: 1,765 Forumite
    Options
    we got our travel insurance (for Sharm) from Insure & go and they definitely Class it as Europe (got confirmation email)

Travel supermarket (who we booked our Holiday with ) Classed it as "world wide" and wanted to Charge us accordingly !!!

PS Enjoy the Sunshine
  • egyptiangirl
    Options
    luxor4t wrote: »

A whole 11 - 20 degrees Celsius!

It seems my definition of 'sunshine' and yours differs somewhat.

Clearly 'sunshine' and temperature (degrees celsius)are two different things. It can be -20 and beautifully sunny!;)
    Always on the hunt for a bargain.
  • Lil_Me_2
    Lil_Me_2 Posts: 2,664 Forumite
    Options
    Give me a break - We both know what was meant.

20 is nice at Christmas don't get me wrong - But it's not sunbathing weather.

I've been to Sharm in January and it's lovely and sunny and definitely sunbathing weather. It was sunny from dawn to dusk, didn't rain once. The only downside was that my hotel pool was colder than the sea. I got a great tan whilst I was there and it's a much better environment for the fish so great diving.
  • ariba10
    ariba10 Posts: 5,432 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    When we were in Luxor we were taken to see the water damage on one of the temples and when we asked when it had rained we were told that it was five years ago
    I used to be indecisive but now I am not sure.
  • jhe
    jhe Posts: 1,826 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    edited 31 October 2009 at 1:21AM
    Options
    we have insurance with post office{fortis insurance} egypt is included under european cover.
    dont know about the weather in january but we went to sharm in march, it was high 20s but cooler on a night,
  • Gordie1975
    Options
    Just a quick update, i booked through the post office in the end, as they class Egypt as europe, and i bought a years cover as it was only £2 more expensive than a fortnights.

Thanks for the responses.:T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 6 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family