IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.
Advent-ures in the MSE Forum... Our Advent calendar is live, helping you discover a new corner of the community each day. Visit the homepage and scroll down

Parking ticket even though I bought a ticket!

Would appreciate any advice on following.
On our recent holiday to Cornwall, we visited Newquay and parked at a pay and display car park on St Columb Rd. We bought a ticket and placed it on dashboard. On our return we realised we'd been issued a ticket stating we were not displaying a valid ticket. My Wife retrieved our valid ticket from dashboard and confirmed we were still in our time.
We;ve challenged the process, and they've (A S PArking Enforcement Services) have come back saying tough. I phoned them today and have requested the photo evidence they state they have showing a ticket, but not valid details? My only concern is ticket might have been placed upside down, or blown over by us in the first place. We've been hit with a £85 charge which is alot of money for us - everywhere we went in Cornwall we had to pay for parking tickets so this is just insult to injury. Please - can anyone suggest if we have a case and the process I should follow?

Replies

• DaveF327DaveF327 Forumite
    1.2K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Forumite
    Are A S PArking Enforcement Services working on behalf of the council? Or is this a private land PCN? Please post a picture of the PCN so we can verify. £85 seems an odd amount, so I'm suspecting it's private, but please give us as much info as possible.

Providing you've kept the payment ticket, it sounds like you have a good case either way, so hang on to that ticket!
  • No, the letter I've received clearly states that we were parked on private property. I sent the original ticket back to them as part of the appeal but I've kept a copy and my friend, who is part of the Serious Organised Crime Squad (SOCA) witnessed the ticket prior to me sending it off/and the copy is of the original, so I'm hoping as one of her majesty's servants so to speak, this would be enough?
    1.2K Posts
    Forumite
    Dugdagger wrote: »
    No, the letter I've received clearly states that we were parked on private property.
    Ok, PPC it is then. A pic of the letter would still help though.
    I sent the original ticket back to them as part of the appeal but I've kept a copy
    AAAAARGH!! *tears hair out*

Never let go of the originals. What's done is done, but as it's likely to be a PPC invoice, just ignore, let them send you expensive toilet paper with empty threats on. In the most anorexic of slim chances they take you to a county court, let them.. then whack them with that photocopy. Don't lose that, for heaven's sake. That is your only evidence you've paid in good faith and the "damages" you've caused them is £0 and 0pence.
  • Challenging it was a mistake. There is no appeal process with a private parking company, as you will find out when you receive a standard "your appeal is rejected" letter with an increased demand. Ignore it, and the empty threats from so-called debt collectors and solicitors that will follow.
    They may pester you for longer than usual as you have contacted them and you will be on the "possible mug" list, but just ignore. They will go away eventually.
  • Thanks Dave - how do I post a scanned copy of the letter? New on here so a little unsure?
  • Sounds like waste paper to me but we can't really be sure without a scan.,
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
    1.2K Posts
    Forumite
    Dugdagger wrote: »
    Thanks Dave - how do I post a scanned copy of the letter? New on here so a little unsure?
    Go to http://www.tinypic.com/ and upload there. It will give you a link that you post here. New users (of this forum) have to insert spaces or something to circumvent the restriction on posting links here. Just play around.
  • hi
    I have recceived an 'invioce' from a PPC today.My reg no was wrongly recorded on original notice does this invalidate it.
  • trisontanatrisontana Forumite
    9.5K Posts
    Forumite
    john83 wrote: »
    hi
    I have recceived an 'invioce' from a PPC today.My reg no was wrongly recorded on original notice does this invalidate it.

Doesn't mater one way or the other, just ignore.
    What part of "A whop bop-a-lu a whop bam boo" don't you understand?
  • john83 wrote: »
    hi
    It was never "valid" in the first place.
    Four guns yet only one trigger prepare for a volley.

Together we can make a difference.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Is your local HSBC closing?

114 branches to shut in 2023

MSE News

Advent Competitions

The countdown is on

MSE Forum

Baileys £10 for 1L at Tesco

When you scan your Clubcard

MSE Deals