PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

5 OS Pleasures in your Day Today part 2

Options

Comments

• Miss_Penelope
    Options
    Had a lovely day today.

1. Lovely morning so took DS and DD and OH to park. Took flask of coffee, sandwiches, fruit and left over birthday cake from DD birthday party yesterday. Lots of exercise and fresh air.

2. Washing on washing line.

3. DS and DD playing lovely together ( they don't always) and painting some water colours that DD got for her birthday.

4. Cheap dinner as used up what we had in ( which is not very much as using up freezer and store cupboard) fish cakes, chips peas and sweet corn.

5. Star gazing with kids, looking at the beautiful, bright, full moon before bedtime at 7. p.m

Good night all
  • DundeeDoll
    DundeeDoll Posts: 4,910 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Long hot bath is always the start of my weekend Wednesday
    1) church. First time for a while due to bad leg and travels. Lovely to be back
    2) bank bar 2 meals for £10.99 excellent. I had chilli (very tame after Sri Lankan food but yummy)
    3) b&q to get next stuff for decorator. He'd found some stabiliser at home so could return stabiliser I'd bought. £13 off today's stuff
    4) even song bishop installing friend as canon. Have to say I don't really understand all this cathedral chapter stuff, but couldn't happen to a nicer guy
    5) pizza with gbf (who also knows new canon so came to service), mr piano and mr student, mr piano's treat. Nom nom
    Now listening to the archers. What else? Love to all xxx
    MrsSD declutter medals 🏅🏅🏅⭐⭐
  • Frith
    Frith Posts: 8,170 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee! Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Pleasures for yesterday:

1) Vicious tummy bug was shortlived :-/

2) Wisdom tooth that snapped off on Friday is pain free. Had to cancel dentist's appointment yesterday due to 1)

3) Smaller son went to the football with his friends and the local team won 3-0.

4) Bigger son went out with his friends.

5) Slept all day!

Today

1) Much better.

2) Builder V came round to give quotations for the new porch, re-plastering between the beams in the kitchen ceiling and repointing of the front of the house. Obviously these will be separate quotes and done as and when I can afford them. I've been looking forward to pulling the porch down for nearly 18 years! (I always do the easy bits to save money).

3) Did all the jobs that built up while I was in bed yesterday.

4) Made macaroni cheese for tea with cauliflower, ham and leeks.

5) Did the ironing.

6) Watched Top Gear and Casualty.
  • villagelife
    villagelife Posts: 3,047 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Mhags you are doing wonderfully well and some days will be much harder than others but you have the love and support of others so make use of offers of help.

1. Wallpaper brought in the sale and a pattern that we both agreed on.

2. Met two friends while shopping for I f2f in a fairly deserted town.

3. Had made beef stew early in the day and left it cooking in the slow cooker so when it came to eat it was quickly prepared. This is the time on a Sunday when we often buy a takeaway.

4. Spent time in the garden - planting seeds, digging beds and severely pruning a hedge.

5. Relaxed in the evening. After dinner and watched the jump.
  • I_Love_comps
    I_Love_comps Posts: 2,295 Senior Ambassador
    First Anniversary Photogenic I'm a Volunteer Ambassador Name Dropper
    Options
    My Pleasures for yesterday;

1. Managed a lie in

2. Went to a garden centre for lunch and a nice browse round

3. Saw my daughter

4. Watched 'The Voice'

5. Had a nice message from a friend.
    I am a Senior Ambassador on the Competitions Time Board and the Old Style MoneySaving Board.
    If you need any help on these boards, do let me know. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators.  Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com. All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.

My Diary Link My Frugal Year 2023 My Frugal Year 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum

My Challenges
    Make £2023 in 2023. £3.16/£2023 Make £2023 in 2023 — MoneySavingExpert Forum
    Compers Challenge 2023 0 Wins Compers challenge 2023! — MoneySavingExpert Forum

• LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,645 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Belated but heartfelt congrats to PK on three job offers :) and to Frith on completing NVQ :)
    As always, I am in awe of your stoicism Mhags x
    Some pleasures for the weekend,

Youngest nieces 18th birthday so out for a family meal, food was just ok but much joy in celebrating with her, DB would have been very proud.

Warm, sunny weather on Saturday so spent most of the day in the garden, pleasure in seeing so much growth and working without a coat on.

My old dog has arthritis in her hips and is often sore but warm weather helps, heart lifting to see her lying on the grass, belly up, scratching her back.

Bacon butties and the Archers omnibus, do love my Sunday mornings.

Finishing the first book in my R Hobb trilogy and the pleasure of knowing that still had two more to read.

Poetry please, in-between days, perfect for a lazy sunday evening.
  • Cappella
    Cappella Posts: 748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Another Robin Hobb fan here LaineyT :) Still not sure about the Soldiers Son trilogy though?

Yesterday's Pleasures
    1. A full week firmly back on the cardio diet and a small weight loss - every little helps!
    2. Picked a full carrier bag of purple sprouting and another of late leeks on the allotment yesterday. Worth all the effort ��
    3. Our first picking of unforced rhubarb with skyr yoghurt and walnuts for breakfast.
    4. Trialled another wartime recipe for a fish dish from one of my late mums cookery books, it was MUCH nicer than I'd thought it would be.
    5. Reading poetry and drinking hot spiced black tea. Perfect end to a rather fraught week.
  • VJsmum
    VJsmum Posts: 6,961 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Five things that have made me smile already this morning

1. a hillside full of daffodils
    2. the Dovey estuary as the train trundled alongside
    3. Boaty McBoatface having its first voyage
    4. the guard saying "Iechyd da"
    5. some calves play fighting in a field.
    I wanna be in the room where it happens
  • Blackbeard_of_Perranporth
    Options
    5 Slow weekend inn the parish. Was out yesterday, with camera, testing so hopefully update later tomorrow. Went to get BoPsie’s phone updated and got a new one myself! There. Easy to get mine working, but hers was on accessible mode, so had electronic Steve Hawkins telling me what to do. He did not argue with BoP and soon BoPsie was up and running. She managed to get the Brentford Gravedigger’s songs onto the thing as well. Clever is BoPsie!
    4 Tea last evening, inn new pots, was proper food. Smoked haddock, non Icelandic , kedgeree. BoPsie got some fresh parsley yesterday and scissor chopped it into the pan. Was done with fresh tiger prawns as well. Eau de faucet with concentrate of lemon was also wolfed down. Enuff left over for tonight.
    3 Back at mill and I said that the rats were running riot. Guess what. Rat catcher is actually here today, checking the culvert outside! You did not expect that.
    2 Nite BoP is getting ready for the beach again in his tutu!
    At Mill we have just had that question. Name two famous Belgiums, and Plastic Bertrand and Hercule Pariot don’t count! Some one else has that fantastic ditty ‘Ca plane pour moi!’. Not only do you get proper food notes from BoP, but now, Proper Music as well!
    Once again, I did not …
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    1) This wonderful spring day, I've been longing for some sunshine and warmth for weeks and today has delivered, in fact I walked Cookie in the sun without a coat and was still warmer than I liked in a jumper!

2) Trees covered in blossom, mimosa and even a magnolia which overnight has covered itself with open flowers, beautiful!

3) Walking round the village and having people to say hello to, people to stop and chat to and people with dogs to pet, it's very pleasant.

4) The river bathed in sunshine with a bright blue sky above and no wind which means that all the moored yachts had a perfect reflection in the water, it looked like a painting.

5) He Who Knows has managed to get all the lawns cut, the smell of freshly cut grass is one of the biggest pleasures of all!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure