Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

***** Aldi super six offers *****

edited 6 November 2009 at 12:47PM in Gone Off!
1.8K replies 604K views

Replies

• Lugh_ChronainLugh_Chronain Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not keen on those Fun Size Apples though as I found them a bit tasteless to be honest.
  • StompaStompa Forumite
    8.1K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    Not keen on those Fun Size Apples though as I found them a bit tasteless to be honest.
    The ones in our store were a variety called 'Empire', which are best avoided IMO (along with 'Red Delicious').
    Stompa
  • not one of the six but in my aldi they had baby plum tomatoes for 29p which i thought was a great price :)
  • Lugh_ChronainLugh_Chronain Forumite
    6.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Photogenic Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    It appears that it depends on the variety they are selling which might be worth checking when buying any of their apples. I guess the same goes with most food stuff Aldi sells.

I thought their red apples were OK the last time I bought them (I think they were breaburns) and thought they were sweet in flavour. I actually thought they were better than supermarket ones.

It's always a good idea to check the variety before making a purchase I suppose.
  • sinwsinw Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    we bought fun size few times n they r no fun at all, damaged and sqidgy - th efour packs are best wen on offer - i wont buy the not so fun size ne more xx
    SIMPLES!
  • Picked up a cabbage today - well its more a large sprout than a cabbage but considerably cheaper than those in Morrisons.
    :j Was married 2nd october 2009 to the most wonderful man possible:j

DD 1994, DS 1996 AND DS 1997

Lost 3st 5lb with Slimming world so far!!
  • lynzpowerlynzpower Forumite
    25.3K Posts
    10,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anyone know what is this weeks super 6?
    :beer: Well aint funny how its the little things in life that mean the most? Not where you live, the car you drive or the price tag on your clothes.
    Theres no dollar sign on piece of mind
    This Ive come to know...
    So if you agree have a drink with me, raise your glasses for a toast :beer:
  • BrowntoaBrowntoa Forumite, Board Guide
    48.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    think because of the weather they seem to be struggling to get a national one , there was a real mix of stuff in my Aldi's yesterday
    Links in my signature currently broken
    I'm the Board Guide of the ,Telephones, Pensions , Shop Don't drop ,over 50's , Boost your income and Discount Code boards which means I volunteer to help get your forum questions answered and keep the forum runnning smoothly .However, please remember, board guides don't read every post. If you spot an inappropriate or illegal post please report it to [email protected] Any views are mine and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.[
  • edited 17 January 2010 at 4:51PM
    sb44sb44 Forumite
    5.2K Posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 17 January 2010 at 4:51PM
    lynzpower wrote: »
    Anyone know what is this weeks super 6?

Went in this morning, not 100% sure but I think these were this weeks:

Carrots 29p (1kg)

White seedless grapes 69p (500g)

Blueberries 69p (needless to say they had none of these left)

Maris Piper potatoes 69p (2.5kg bags?)

I think the others were red apples and sprouts.

Not sure what type the apples were but don't think they were Royal Gala, they had really green bits, think I have tried them before and they were a bit sharp.

• weavedribbonweavedribbon Forumite
    134 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    The red apples in my local ALDI were braeburns, looked nice but haven't tried them yet (59p for 6).
This discussion has been closed.