double ended steel bath

Options

Comments

• Doozergirl
    Doozergirl Posts: 33,866 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I had one of those Kaldewei Classic baths in plastic.

I don't really understand why you need a steel bath if they cost that much. :confused:
    Everything that is supposed to be in heaven is already here on earth.
  • honey06
    honey06 Posts: 289 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    it will have a shower over it. I know there have been previous threads comparing acrylic and steel, but i prefer steel to acrylic
  • keystone
    keystone Posts: 10,916 Forumite
    Options
    I wouldn't buy anything from the internet companies. They are on long lead times, charge the earth to ship and if there are problems when it arrives then its the devils own job to sort out.

Go and see you friendly local plumbers merchant. You'll get a good deal and better service.

Cheers
    The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has it's limits. - Einstein
  • fotokat66
    Options
    I wouldn't touch qssupplies. I ordered a steel bath from them (Kaldewei). the bath is great, but the company was a nightmare to deal with and really rude when we did have a problem (in that the bath took 8+ weeks to arrive). they tried to convince us to accept another bath, which we didn't. There was also some of the order missing which has never been rectified.

I have used plumbworld for other things, and have found them to be quite good, but from reading posts other people have had problems with them.
  • themanbearpig
    Options
    Totally agree, let your plumber source and arrange the suite. If anything goes wrong (which it does quite a lot!), then its his problem!
  • project500
    Options
    Kaldewei make some of the better steel baths on the market I always used to recommend them
  • phill99
    phill99 Posts: 9,093 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I do quite alot of bathroom installs/ refurbs and we use Roca quite a lot. The steel baths are pretty decent and once in, not a lot can go wrong. I won't put in acrylic baths now.
    Eat vegetables and fear no creditors, rather than eat duck and hide.
  • Bikertov
    Bikertov Posts: 1,598 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I would definately go for steel - much more rigid, so you don't get as much flexing and breaking of silcone seals.

Kaldewei have a good reputation - we have 2 of them and have had no problems.

Just ensure that it is well fitted and properly supported, on a sturdy floor. Make sure that you retain good access to pipework etc underneath, as you WILL need to get to it at some point.

If you are going for double ended, consider a combined overflow / filler, with remote taps - it makes for a much neater finish.
  • Alan_M_2
    Alan_M_2 Posts: 2,752 Forumite
    edited 10 December 2009 at 9:38PM
    Options
    Bette are a step up from Kaldewei and have a full range of steel baths.

The ones you're looking for are

Bette Starlet 1800 x 800
    Bette Duett 1800 x 800
    Bette Darling 1800 x 800
    Bette Morrison 1800 x 800
    Bette Sign 1800 x 800
    Bette Steel Duo 1800 x 800

All the same size, slightly different designs.

I used to fit these, they are outstanding and worth the money.

http://www.bette.co.uk/
  • andyhop
    andyhop Posts: 1,996 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Bette make the best steel baths but this comes at a premium price, There supersteel and antislip are fantastic products
    Hi, we’ve had to remove your signature. If you’re not sure why please read the forum rules or email the forum team if you’re still unsure
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure