Does anyone have any experience of aol 1 month contract broadband

Options
I am moving into a new property soon, and I need an internet connection. I am quite keen to get sky however I would like to wait a few months to see how my money pans out to ensure I can afford it.

So I don't really want to sign up for a contract as if I get sky I will move over to their broadband package. I have found that there are very few companies offering a no contract package but aol does, at £4.99 for 3 months then jumping to £9.99 after that, this seems like and excellent deal to me, however it also sounds a bit too good, am I missing something?

http://www.aolbroadband.co.uk/bundles/summer/wirelessFlexiEWSummer.jsp?urlseq=82&chnl=affs8
2009 wins: Cadburys Chocolate Pack x 6, Sally Hansen Hand cream, Ipod nano! mothers day meal at Toby Carvery! :j :j :j :j

Comments

• macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Read the small print. You have to take AOL Talk with this, otherwise it costs an extra £5 per month. Also it is only in 'selected areas', which I suspect means you can only get it if you are on a TalkTalk LLU enabled exchange-are you?
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • emmu
    emmu Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    @ macman Thinking of moving to sky bb wireless but have a imac with usb ports, is it possible

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
  • macman
    macman Posts: 53,098 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    emmu wrote: »
    @ macman Thinking of moving to sky bb wireless but have a imac with usb ports, is it possible

Well I have an iMac too and it has an ethernet port, so will yours, so you can use any ADSL router with ethernet connections. USB broadband is not a good way to connect.
    No free lunch, and no free laptop ;)
  • emmu
    emmu Posts: 20 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks a bunch Macman:T

Learn from the mistakes of others - you won't live long enough to make them all yourself.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure