Cheap Italy Flights

Options
Hi guys

my best friend moved to italy this year and i'm hoping to go see her next year.

The airport is Bergamo (?) near milan who's best for cheap flights and when's best time to book?

Also how do I get the best deal on currency and again when is best time to get the currency for the trip.

When did passports get so expensive?!! I take it there's no way to do this cheaper?

My daughter and I need new passports. DD is 8 and her's costs almost same as mine and mine nearly £100!!!!

Thanks for any advice

Comments

• fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Ryanair go to Bergamo and Easyjet to Linate and Malpensa. All three are classified as Milan. You don't mention where you can fly from but all have several UK routes. When to buy is the difficult one. Cheaper flights the earlier you book for peak times. Other times they might come up in a sale and you can get real bargains a couple of months before you travel but you can't be sure of these.
  • madosani
    Options
    I have recently returned from Milan, We flew into linate, Be aware that taxis are very expensive. You will be able to get a bus from all the airports that takes you to Milano Centrale (train and metro station) this is 5 euros each, a taxi from linate to the same place was over 70! the trains are very good but can be confusing. Ask your friend where the nearest sstation is to them. Getting a map of the metro before you go is also a good idea. Never be afraid to ask someone, the staff were usually ignorant but the other passengers always went out of their way to assist where they could.

Milan is lovely but the surrounding areas are nicer! We went for the F1 racing and spent most o the time on treains going from one place to another for a euro each!!

have a great time.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport