PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Freezing yoghurt and fromage frais?

Options
1235»

Comments

• Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi spandles,

There's an earlier thread with lots of advice on freezing yoghurt so I've added your thread to it to keep the suggestions together.

Pink
  • Plan_for_Chaos
    Options
    I have a tub of natural yoghurt sat in the fridge, it states you shouldn't freeze it, however would it be possible to freeze it if I'm just going to use for a savoury sauce, I've had success in the past using it as a substitution for sour cream. What do you think, would appreciate any responses.
  • zzzLazyDaisy
    zzzLazyDaisy Posts: 12,497 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I think yoghurt separates when thawed, hence the advice not to freeze. But it should be okay in cooking. I freeze yog and then bung it in the food processor with a bit of milk or cream or unfrozen yog (whatever I have in the fridge, and whatever fruit I have lying around. A quick blitz and hey presto instant ice cream (well iced-yog anyway). I'm not dead yet :D
    I'm a retired employment solicitor. Hopefully some of my comments might be useful, but they are only my opinion and not intended as legal advice.
  • phizzimum
    phizzimum Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I freeze yoghurt sometimes and use it to make sodabread
    weaving through the chaos...
  • kippers
    kippers Posts: 2,059 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I freeze yoghurt as 'starters' to use it to make more yoghurt:D
This discussion has been closed.