PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Freezing yoghurt and fromage frais?

Options

Comments

• in-trouble_3
    Options
    my daughter is 4 1/2 and when we go shopping i ask her if we have any yoghurts at home and she always says no, and when i get home we have tons of them in the fridge, i write down now when we need them.
  • lil_me
    lil_me Posts: 13,186 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I freeze plain fromage frais without a problem and have used petite filous before, my kids have them as lollies (with sticks in) unsure about particular brands, but I have never had a problem with it myself. I'm sure my kids would have been poorly by now if it was unsafe. Wouldn't freeze greek style yohurt again, that went icky when it defrosted.
    One day I might be more organised...........:confused:
    GC: £200
    Slinkies target 2018 - another 70lb off (half way to what the NHS says) so far 25lb
  • Pink.
    Pink. Posts: 17,675 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Hi ethansmum,

Yes you can freeze fromage frais....I rarely have the chance to though, my lot devour them long before the use by date. :)

We have an older thread on this that should help you: Freezing yoghurt and fromage frais?

I'll merge your thread with it later as it helps to keep all the replies together.

Pink
  • ethansmum
    ethansmum Posts: 1,780 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks so much Pink!
    July Win: Nokia 5800
  • inkie
    inkie Posts: 2,609 Forumite
    Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    You certainly can - our kids prepfer it this way - especially those in a tube (can't remember their name lol!). I first got onto this when they were reduced at somethig ridiculous like 10p for 2 doz, and it seemed too good a bargain to miss.
  • in-trouble_3
    Options
    i will remember not to bin all the yoghurts my daughter gets now, i have a habit if they are going out of date 2 days before the best buy date i bin them, the same has bread, no wonder my shopping bill has been expensive.
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Do any of you knowledgeable OSers know if i can freeze yoghurt??

I am giving up dairy for lent but dont want to waste the 2 large pots of organic natural yoghurt:D
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • ClaireLR
    ClaireLR Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I've frozen it before without any problems. Just needs a stir once it's defrosted. Fat free or low fat yoghurts tend to freeze not so well I find.

HTH
    Sometimes you have to go through
    the rain to get to the
    rainbow
  • gunsandbanjos
    gunsandbanjos Posts: 12,246 Forumite
    PPI Party Pooper
    Options
    Thanks for that, yes i forgot to say it is fat free:o That wont work so well then?
    The trouble with the world is that the stupid are cocksure and the intelligent are full of doubt.
    Bertrand Russell
  • ClaireLR
    ClaireLR Posts: 1,712 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    it does still work, I tend to find that the texture is a bit bitty,slightly grainy IYKWIM. It doesnt seem to happen with full fat yoghurt
    Sometimes you have to go through
    the rain to get to the
    rainbow
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills