How do you check the number of seats sold on virgin

Options
I am hoping to book manchester to orlando May 2010 but the prices have seem to be higher than usual. I have just rung up virgin to check prices with them over telephone and he advised I book now as the flights are getting full and we will pay more if we leave it much longer.

Is there a way of checking how many seats have been sold. I would hate to book the seats and then they come down or that I dont book them and they go up:confused:

Comments

• MaxTheDog_2
    Options
    I dont know how to check the amount of seats left but the best advise I can give is once booked never check the prices again.
  • ferf1223
    ferf1223 Posts: 8,935 Forumite
    Options
    https://www.expertflyer.com offers a free 5-day trial...just have to be sure to remember to cancel before the first payment is taken...we've used it before twice without any problems.
    Does remembering a time that a certain degree of personal responsibility was more or less standard means that I am officially old?
  • sitcom123
    sitcom123 Posts: 362 Forumite
    Options
    thanks for that ferf1223 I have registered for a 5 day trial but it didnt ask for any payment details?? Also I have logged on and got the following
    0 Connections

[URL="javascript:void(0)"]VS[/URL] ([URL="javascript:void(0)"][/URL]) 73 0 [URL="javascript:void(0)"]MAN[/URL]
    05/28/10 1:45 PM [URL="javascript:void(0)"]MCO[/URL]
    05/28/10 5:55 PM [URL="javascript:void(0)"]744[/URL]
    F,Sa
    91% / 13m [URL="javascript:void(0)"]J9[/URL] [URL="javascript:void(0)"]D9[/URL] [URL="javascript:void(0)"]R9[/URL] [URL="javascript:void(0)"]Z9[/URL] [URL="javascript:void(0)"]W9[/URL] [URL="javascript:void(0)"]S9[/URL] [URL="javascript:void(0)"]K9[/URL] [URL="javascript:void(0)"]Y6[/URL] [URL="javascript:void(0)"]B6[/URL] [URL="javascript:void(0)"]L6[/URL] [URL="javascript:void(0)"]M5[/URL] [URL="javascript:void(0)"]Q5[/URL] [URL="javascript:void(0)"]X0[/URL] [URL="javascript:void(0)"]N0[/URL]

Do you know what the codes are, I have tried to get them from the site but it is just bringing up a cancel page. from w onwards is cabin coach and the number at the side is the seats available us coach economy and does it look full or not??? Sorry not really clued up on this.

thansk
  • Caz3121
    Caz3121 Posts: 15,550 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    J9 D9 R9 Z9 W9 S9 K9 Y6 B6 L6 M5 Q5 X0 N0

These are the different fare codes
    Y and those to the right will be the economy fare types and the number next will be the number of seats left for that fare type (not if it says 9 then it is 9 or more, less than 9 is the actual) note that these don't all get added together to make the total (if they sell a Y then the chances are all the economy classes get reduced by 1) looks to me like there are 6 economy seats left and business and premium economy have plenty

there is some info on them here http://www.v-flyer.com/codes.asp
  • fifeken
    fifeken Posts: 2,702 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I've used www.seatcounter.com (although never looking for Virgin flights) in the past but can't vouch for it's accuracy.
  • LHR777
    LHR777 Posts: 39 Forumite
    Options
    28th May, around half term , it is going to be full given the location. However there is one caveat, seats for this flight may have been reserved by travel agents, e.g. Virgin Holidays.

If they do not sell their seats they will return their inventory at a later date meaining Virgin MAY reopen lower fare classes -> lower prices.

As stated many times before if that is when you want to go, then better to be safe than sorry. Also as Premium Economy is wide open WSK all 9, try a quote for this, the difference may not be as much as you think.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure