A Fool and Her Money- CAFCGIRL's Debt Diary

Options

Comments

• CAFCGirl
    CAFCGirl Posts: 9,122 Forumite
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Nothing as yet on the job front, but since I work in retail you can generally rely on friends of friends giving you a leg up. Since I worked with someone previously whose in the same company and she's already put me forward and emailed the area manager I'm hoping that gives me a couple of extra points!

Wait till the working week starts on that one!

I'm yet to find a fruit and veg seller in Canterbury, do you know whereabouts any farm shops were? I live in the city centre and don't drive so the closer the better, which Im guessing since its a FARM shop is unlikely!

And yes the Frenchies have taken over!They're everywhere, blink and they've multiplied!
    Manifesting Abundance in 2023
    Fashion On The Ration 2023 36/66
  • Molanole
    Molanole Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    Hmmm, yeah, it's stumped me too. There's a farmers market down by the West Station but I think that it more on the pricey side so that's no good, but I've never been so it could be worth a try. All of the farm shops I know of will be around the Wingham area so by the time you've driven there it will cancel out the savings. I'll ask my mum next time I speak to her and see if she can think of any!!
    Debt Free Nerd No. 89, LBM: April 2006, Debt at highest (Sept 05): £40,939.96
    NOW TOTALLY DEBT FREE!!!!!!!! Woooo hooooooo!!! DEBT FREE DATE: 23 December 2009
  • CAFCGirl
    Options
    Awwwwwwww thanks for that :)
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    CAFCGirl,

You keep a rabbit do you?

I had two one died a few months ago.

Anyway I buy huge bags of what is called readi grass. it is sold in horsey places or farmer stores type places. I pay £8 ish for 18KGs. And I use that as bedding for mine as it is so cheap and they can eat it as well. And sawdust is not always good for them.

Little bags in the pet shop of readi grass are 1KG and about £1.99 :eek:

I buy large bag of pellets to feed my two with. What I am going to do now I only have one not sure. Unless you know someone else who has a rabbit and you can buy a big bag and split it.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • CAFCGirl
    Options
    calleyw wrote:
    CAFCGirl,

You keep a rabbit do you?

I had two one died a few months ago.

Anyway I buy huge bags of what is called readi grass. it is sold in horsey places or farmer stores type places.

Not sure where I could find a store like that but I'll keep my ear out. I dont really like keeping her in sawdust, would prefer shredded paper or something, although she generally seems quite happy!

Sorry to hear about your rabbit though xx
  • calleyw
    calleyw Posts: 9,824 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    CAFCGirl wrote:
    Not sure where I could find a store like that but I'll keep my ear out. I dont really like keeping her in sawdust, would prefer shredded paper or something, although she generally seems quite happy!

Sorry to hear about your rabbit though xx

Thanks.

Here is a list of stockist of spillers hourse feed if that is any help.

http://www.spillers-feeds.com/Frame_Work_Page.htm

Here is a picture of product

http://www.spillers-feeds.com/ReadiGrass.htm

Do you have an electric meter cupboard as it I would have thought it would fit in there ok.

We use it line the bottom of the cage and the litter tray. Means they can chew while they poo :rotfl: And it means that they chew all day with it so keeps here teeth down.

And it last for ages even when you are being generous.

Yours

Calley
    Hope for everything and expect nothing!!!

Good enough is almost always good enough -Prof Barry Schwartz

If it scares you, it might be a good thing to try -Seth Godin
  • christabell
    christabell Posts: 427 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I see you have moved your gas & electricity to powergen....you will get your tesco points with them, don't forget to register your clubcard details on the web site.
    Be careful getting that smoothie maker, you really need one with a powerful motor to grind up the ice and fruit.
    Keep on keeping on.........
    Today, my BEST is good enough.
  • CAFCGirl
    Options
    Hi Christa'

Signed up my clubcard lol, I had it ready with me to do the "change"!

Have now decided against the smoothie maker, I just like gadgets, I've got a juicer that I got in march that I havent even used yet!
  • gallygirl
    gallygirl Posts: 17,228 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Mortgage-free Glee!
    Options
    CAFCGirl wrote:
    "sawdust,hay and food for the rabbit"...... you seem to have lots of sauces and spices, how about some of those for the rabbit rather than sawdust etc..... Old Style Board has nice rabbit curry & rabbit casserole recipes.....:eek:

just kidding, hope bunny doesn't read this!

OH MY GOD!!!

Run bunny..............
    Hide

SAVE YOURSELF PEANUTS![/quote]

mmmm peanuts..... already flavoured........ yum yum........

Is yours an indoor or outdoor rabbit? I had one when I was a little girl, absolutely ginormous, someone broke in & stole it... everytime I see rabbit meat for sale I wonder if that's what happened to my Snowy....:eek:
    A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort
    :) Mortgage Balance = £0 :)
    "Do what others won't early in life so you can do what others can't later in life"
  • Molanole
    Molanole Posts: 1,563 Forumite
    Debt-free and Proud!
    Options
    ali007 wrote:
    everytime I see rabbit meat for sale I wonder if that's what happened to my Snowy....:eek:

And my Thumper! :(
    Debt Free Nerd No. 89, LBM: April 2006, Debt at highest (Sept 05): £40,939.96
    NOW TOTALLY DEBT FREE!!!!!!!! Woooo hooooooo!!! DEBT FREE DATE: 23 December 2009
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure