Halifax ISA Saver Direct

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
3 replies 719 views
MiserlyMonkeyMiserlyMonkey Forumite
12 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in ISAs & Tax-free Savings
Hello all, this is a note of caution for anyone planning to open a Halifax ISA Saver Direct.

This ISA transfer service has so far taken six weeks and counting. That's fair enough but what annoys me is that when I do finally get my money into the account the only way to access it is to transfer electronically to another Bank of Scotland account :mad: I now have to apply for a Halifax current account and transfer at least £100 into it before they will issue a card to withdraw cash from my ISA via the current account. I don't remember reading that in the conditions when I applied. Maybe I missed it but I wish I hadn't bothered now, especially as they dropped their interest rate before I even had a chance to put money into it. Oh well, you live and learn.

Replies

• YorkshireBoyYorkshireBoy Forumite
    31.5K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ...what annoys me is that when I do finally get my money into the account the only way to access it is to transfer electronically to another Bank of Scotland account
    Is this an assumption, or have you been (incorrectly) told this by Halifax?

You can ask them (by telephone) to transfer your money to any external account.
  • No, not an assumption.

In the Online Accounts, How to Transfer Money section web page it says

With an ISA Saver Direct, you can make the following types of payment:

# Transfers to other accounts with us

and that's it, no other options.
    Thanks for the info about transferring by phone. :beer:
  • surfcatsurfcat Forumite
    734 Posts
    You could open a halifax websaver (approx 4%, can't remember exact) which allows you to transfer money between it and your isa over the phone or online. From the websaver it can then go to the current account of your choosing. This is how I do it anyway.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Energy price cap could be extended beyond 2023

New plans have just been announced by the Government

MSE News

Cheap contents insurance for tenants

DON'T assume your landlord covers you

MSE Guides

Summer sizzlers round-up

Incl £2ish sun cream & £1.50 disposable BBQs

MSE Deals