Forum Home» Old Style MoneySaving

OMG! Huge Spot :-( - Page 2

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

OMG! Huge Spot :-(

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Old Style MoneySaving
43 replies 36.9K views

Replies

• Jay-Jay_4Jay-Jay_4 Forumite
    7.4K posts
    tina68 wrote:
    lol What gave you the idea to put pile cream on your spot:rotfl: :rotfl:
    I know models use it on the wrinkles round the eyes but thats a new one on me

Well one day I slipped with the tube and...... :D

No, I read it somewhere ;) Pile cream is an astringent and reduces redness and swelling by tightening up the little blood vessels feeding the offending 'lump'.
    Just run, run and keep on running!

• redballoon_2redballoon_2 Forumite
    1.6K posts
    This is my secret tip! Disolve one or two soluable aspirins with a tiny drop of water, once it has turned into paste apply and leave to dry. Once dry, add a bit more water and leave to dry again. then rinse off.
    It can be left on overnight. It works everytime but not many people know, so there you are!
    Make £10 a day challenge March 2013 £101.24 / £240 :j
    WSC 10 March - £0 / £5
    Debt £17,294 - 7th March
  • RedBalloon wrote:
    This is my secret tip! Disolve one or two soluable aspirins with a tiny drop of water, once it has turned into paste apply and leave to dry. Once dry, add a bit more water and leave to dry again. then rinse off.
    It can be left on overnight. It works everytime but not many people know, so there you are!

That works for bites as well. Stops them itching and calms them down.

Good luck with it!!

And anyway, it's probably one of those that you think is massive but no-one else can see!!

Good luck in the interview tomorrow!:beer:
    Official DFW Nerd no. 082! :cool:
    Debt @ 01/01/2014 £16,956 Debt now: £0.00 :j
    Aims:[STRIKE] clear debt, get married, buy a house[/STRIKE] :D ALL DONE!!
  • Wear Glasses?????????????????? :D
    The quicker you fall behind, the longer you have to catch up...
  • toothpaste and some concealer tomorrow. Good luck!
    "Harry, I'm going to let you in on a little secret. Every day, once a day, give yourself a present. Don't plan it. Don't wait for it. Just let it happen. It could be a new shirt at the men's store, a catnap in your office chair, or two cups of good, hot black coffee."
  • HellfireHellfire Forumite
    283 posts
    jay-jay wrote:
    Pile cream!

seriously :D

:exclamati.....and don't mess with it

:D well, i for one believe you. ages ago i read somewhere that preparation h, the cream for piles, does wonders for face skin.

no i haven't tried it myself, as i'm too embarrassed to go in and ask for preparation h. anyone wanna get it for me?:D
    ok, so i'm hot... ;) :cool:
  • The Asprin can be used as a face mask as it is Salicycilic acid which is often the active ingredient in more expensive cleansers.

• Thanks to everyone for your tips. I thought I'd conduct an experiment last night with the pile creme :eek: on the big offending spot, and toothpaste on a smaller one which decided to pop up on my chin.

In the morning, and to my slight shock, the bigger spot (with the pile creme applied) had all but disappeared but with a little dry skin where the spot was. Nothing a bit of moisuriser + concealer won't hide :T

The smaller spot with the toothpaste applied had also gone, but the area where the paste was (in the exact shape of the paste area) was a little red, like my skin had reacted to the paste. I do have sensitive skin though so maybe the colgate was a bit too harsh for it. :D

So there you are! Thanks for saving my pride today and fingers crossed for the interview this afternoon!

Christie x
  • Christie_L wrote:
    Thanks to everyone for your tips. I thought I'd conduct an experiment last night with the pile creme :eek: on the big offending spot, and toothpaste on a smaller one which decided to pop up on my chin.

In the morning, and to my slight shock, the bigger spot (with the pile creme applied) had all but disappeared but with a little dry skin where the spot was. Nothing a bit of moisuriser + concealer won't hide :T

The smaller spot with the toothpaste applied had also gone, but the area where the paste was (in the exact shape of the paste area) was a little red, like my skin had reacted to the paste. I do have sensitive skin though so maybe the colgate was a bit too harsh for it. :D

So there you are! Thanks for saving my pride today and fingers crossed for the interview this afternoon!

Christie x

Wa-hey!:T

Let us know how you got on won't you!
    Official DFW Nerd no. 082! :cool:
    Debt @ 01/01/2014 £16,956 Debt now: £0.00 :j
    Aims:[STRIKE] clear debt, get married, buy a house[/STRIKE] :D ALL DONE!!
  • Christie_LChristie_L Forumite
    45 posts
    I got the job! dodgy skin & all :beer: