We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

Got Sky+ for £29 inc installation

Options
My sky box was acting up and needed replaced so i I waited until this morning to see if they had any offers..I have the family package for 8 yrs..£21 pmonth.
First they offered me and extended warranty. at 9.75 a month,politely told them i felt i shouldn't have to pay that after 8yrs,next was a callout at £65...too expensive...she then offered me sky+ hd for £49 and £60 installation.and £9.75..told her it was too expensive and to put me through to cancellations ....

I told cancellations what i had been offered...how it was too expensive....that i was watching freeview on my tv and to go ahead and cancel...he then offered me sky+ (not hd) for £29 and free installation
. I call that a result!!

Thanks to the insider note i saw on here

Comments

• hazelwoods
    hazelwoods Posts: 276 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Good result.
    We'd had Sky for 10 years and our box was playing up terribly. At end of August, after several phone calls, I decided to accept the offer of £49 Sky+HD box and free inst. When I called cancellations to say I'd go for that offer I was told it was no longer on the system, but they did have free box and £30 inst! I grabbed it quickly before they changed their minds. It was installed within 4 days. It's great.
  • PattyD
    PattyD Posts: 74 Forumite
    First Anniversary
    Options
    I too am a loyal customer of sky for over 10 years and rang up today saying I would like HD and I was happy to pay £49 for the box but could they waive the installation fee. After being handed to several different departments finally got through to cancellations where after arguing (politely) that I was a loyal customer and would like some recognition for that fact I got offered free HD box and free installation - only have to pay £9.75 a month for subscription. Engineer coming out on Wednesday. Happy with my result.
  • simpsy72
    Options
    Great results..just wondering if they had free offers for October..i just wanted to point out they offered me 5 different options before getting me the sky+ for £29 which i was after when i called. I was polite at all times and listened to their options before telling them it was too expensive. Great results all!!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.6K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport