Best Place to Buy Euros

Options

Comments

• Nytehawk
    Nytehawk Posts: 6,118 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    I got referred by a mate to crown currency exchange back in February, I ordered about £552 for collection in June ready for the hols and got Euros 1.4756 per £.

I ordered a further £150 yesterday and got a rate of 1.4306 per £.
    No commission so I think it's a good deal and thats what this site is about, getting value for money.
    https://www.crowncurrencyexchange.com they are based in Cornwall. Good Luck;)
    "Did you hear about the frog that broke down on the motorway???? They toad him away!"
  • malky39
    malky39 Posts: 700 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    The bureau de change service is not avaliable at all M&S store only selected larger stores. It will probaly tell you which ones on there web site or you could just buy them online
  • hammy_the_hammer
    Options
    vyvwalters wrote:
    I got referred by a mate to crown currency exchange back in February, I ordered about £552 for collection in June ready for the hols and got Euros 1.4756 per £.

I ordered a further £150 yesterday and got a rate of 1.4306 per £.
    No commission so I think it's a good deal and thats what this site is about, getting value for money.
    https://www.crowncurrencyexchange.com they are based in Cornwall. Good Luck;)

somebody who is better at maths than me would point out that the rate is only so good because you leave your money on deposit with the company for them to use as they please ....hence the different rates the longer they have your money
  • Cumbrian_Male
    Cumbrian_Male Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Marks and Spencer

If you can get a Nationwide Flex Account then cash withdrawals from Euro ATM's are FREE and you get the interday rate not tourist rates.
    I have a cunning plan!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts.

• flossy_splodge
    flossy_splodge Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    :o Sorry to be a bit thick but is that ATM's in this country or abroad?
  • Nytehawk
    Nytehawk Posts: 6,118 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    [:T Yea your right about having my money for an extended period would allow tham to do with it as they please but the £150 which I mentioned in my second paragraph was only ordered 3 days ago for collection at the end of the month. Having looked at the other options I can only reiterate that my most recent rate of Euros 1.43056 is better than any of the high st rates and thsi site is all about getting the most for your money is it not?? :T
    "Did you hear about the frog that broke down on the motorway???? They toad him away!"
  • hammy_the_hammer
    Options
    vyvwalters wrote:
    [:T Yea your right about having my money for an extended period would allow tham to do with it as they please but the £150 which I mentioned in my second paragraph was only ordered 3 days ago for collection at the end of the month. Having looked at the other options I can only reiterate that my most recent rate of Euros 1.43056 is better than any of the high st rates and thsi site is all about getting the most for your money is it not?? :T

but the whole point is that they aren't matching like for like ...they don't seem to do instant exchanges. your money is used by them on deposit instead of it remaining in your account working for you.
  • Cumbrian_Male
    Cumbrian_Male Posts: 1,513 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    :o Sorry to be a bit thick but is that ATM's in this country or abroad?

Atms abroad.

When in Amsterdam in February I was getting €1.46-€1.48/£ while tourist rates were €1.39-€1.40 prior to going. Might not sound much of a difference but I spent around €4200 while on holiday so it adds up.
    I have a cunning plan!
    Proud to be dealing with my debts.

• flossy_splodge
    flossy_splodge Posts: 2,533 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker Photogenic
    Options
    Thanks for that, didn't know! Do you know if that is likely to be the same throughout europe? Am going to Paris shortly and was about to stock up with Euros before I go. Thanks.:j :T
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure