Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Sky Multiroom Enquiry wnet wrong - Help?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
6 replies 1.5K views
sinwsinw Forumite
7.8K Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in TV MoneySaving
Hi - with the switch over and stuff I thought would ring sky to see how much multiroom would be to add to our existing package. I got through n the girl quoted me free sky plus box, £30 h/p set up and then £9.75p month. I said was not happy paying the set up fee as bee wiv them so long, ne how i agreed in end and went ahead. The girl said she then could not put this through as was coming up as I had pay for the box and instalation too which was approx £230. I advised she gave me a price which she should stick too. She the tried sell me hd on top for another £9.75p a month, so i ended up at cancellations.

They looked into iit but could not honor the price given, then offered me 25% off for 6 months so i would not cancel. I took the offer as they are going listen to the call and write to me re the price (live in hope here!!).

Now i need another room with the switch over n if sky dont honor the initial price what shall i do?

buy a new tv
buy a set top box, can i run this along side the sky box

your views on sky n what i should do will be appreciated - cheers xx
SIMPLES!

Replies

• sinwsinw Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    Hi Again - update - problem i have is the living room has sky plus with a splitter to bedroom which has a free sat. When the switchover begins, if the bedroom is watching sky, the lounge will not be able to view anything else.

I have just checked the lnb? which appear to have 2 cables, but 2 spare also, so i assume this is a quad. Whats the best way of sorting my probs out in this instance??
    SIMPLES!
  • sinw wrote: »
    Hi Again - update - problem i have is the living room has sky plus with a splitter to bedroom which has a free sat. When the switchover begins, if the bedroom is watching sky, the lounge will not be able to view anything else.

I have just checked the lnb? which appear to have 2 cables, but 2 spare also, so i assume this is a quad. Whats the best way of sorting my probs out in this instance??

A quad LNB is standard fit for a Sky+ install. As you've seen, you have 2 spare outputs.

You can use these spare outputs and run another cable into the bedroom.
    Once you have the cable into the bedroom, you can either -

1. Use an old digibox to view the FreeToAir channels provided by FreeSatFromSky. No subscription required.
    2. Use an old digibox, pay £10/month for multiroom and view whatever channels your subscription currently allows.
    3. Buy a Freesat box and watch the channels they offer. No subscription required.
    Dave. :wave:
  • sinwsinw Forumite
    7.8K Posts
    cheers - so i have too run two cables into the bedroom one in each socket, what do i have to do for multiroom just call sky up etc....... i may buy a sky plus box offa ebay is much cheaper..........
    SIMPLES!
  • If you're going to buy a Sky+ box, then you'll need 2 cables to use it fully.

Just phone Sky up, tell them you want multiroom for the box and they should send you out a card. And of course it'll £10/month extra.
    Dave. :wave:

Just phone Sky up, tell them you want multiroom for the box and they should send you out a card. And of course it'll £10/month extra.

Also make sure that both boxes are connected to a phone line?? once you set up a multiroom contract with sky you will be require by the Ts and Cs to have an active phone line connected to the boxes. I'm guessing you have a phoneline in both rooms??

We had multi room via a 2nd box and skycard. Recently we removed the £10 multiroom sub as our son left to go to Uni.

My question is could we opt in and out of multi-room as and when he comes home for xmas etc. or would we be tied into a 12 month contract.

I did email customer services but they simply stated I could amend my package via MYSKY but there is not an option to add / remove multiroom.

I would phone but it takes around an hour in the evenings to get to talk to anybody from sky
This discussion has been closed.